Thread: DHHS: N.H. Child Didn't Have Measles, Just Vaccine Reaction

Veteran Member

Default DHHS: N.H. Child Didn't Have Measles, Just Vaccine Reaction

This case was originally reported by local health officials as measles. Even Time magazine reported on the measles case in NH.

Staff & Wire Report
    May 23, 2019

New Hampshire State health officials say a case of measles identified in Keene last week was in fact a rare reaction to a measles vaccine. Officials now say the child who suffered the reaction was never contagious. State epidemiologist Ben Chan says the child had an unusually strong reaction to the measles or MMR vaccine which exposes the body to a weaker, non-contagious version of the measles virus.

read more https://www.nhpr.org/post/dhhs-nh-ch...ccine-reaction
    Last edited by Pattypans; 06-09-19 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Fix formatting that looked correct on the preview!

Veteran Member

Default Re: DHHS: N.H. Child Didn't Have Measles, Just Vaccine Reaction

Anybody care to comment? I tend to repeat the same things about this type of article. Well, I will start out with this: "just" vaccine reaction? I also disagree with the characterization later in the article (which is short, by the way) of the vaccine reaction as 'rare.'

I know I sound like a broken record here, but these officials don't really know what this child was reacting to. The measles vaccine is given as a "combination" vaccine, including measles, mumps, & rubella, or MMR vaccine. When a child has a reaction, which of the 3 vaccines is the culprit? Officials can't tell because all 3 vaccines are given at the same time. Japan and a few other countries still give a single measles vaccine, without the mumps & rubella components. A few other countries give the measles & rubella vaccine together, minus the mumps component. Officials will not ever truly know which vaccine a child reacts to until they go back to administering single vaccines. Until then, any conclusions reached about a child's reaction to combination vaccines is simply a shot in the dark.

Agree with both Mr. Wiz and Pattypans. And "...we’ve never had reports of this type of reaction..."? Maybe not, because the number of people who actually report a reaction continues to be small — something to keep in mind when any account is given of adverse reactions to vaccines.
    One more thought: we continue to lose our shit over a harmless childhood disease, while simultaneously a truly deadly disease, Candida auris, with no cure, is progressing across the country. Our system is so broken...
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information