Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Ignored Vitamin Cure For Macular Degeneration

Default Re: The Ignored Vitamin Cure For Macular Degeneration

Thanks for the bilberry links, Grulla. I have never pursued bilberries because I have such easy access to blueberries, a closely related species that is also high in anthocyanins. They freeze particularly well and I have them frequently with oatmeal. I also make blueberry wine (blueberries and raspberries are about the easiest fruits to turn into wine).
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

This morning, I went to town for my annual exam at at my ophthalmologist's newly established branch facility, thus saving me a lot of unnecessary driving. The other ophthomologist in town would not accept my particular UHC managed Medicare account, so this new facility is good news.

Anyway, after all was "said and done", I came away with fairly good results, no signs of AMD or glucoma. However, I still have some lingering calcification damage in the way of cobweb floaters, an early sign of cataracts, and a residual tiny blind spot at the 5'o'clock position of the right eye from a minor ishemic stroke in I had in 12/18/18, apparently the result of a tiny piece of arterial plaque from over using too many (7) various chelating supplements such as EDTA, Nattokinase, and serrapeptase.

The tiny opaque blindspot has slowly reduced to a hardly noticeable translucent blur, probably credited to continuing alphalipoic IVs over the past two+ years from my integrative doctor's clinic, as he suggested. The way the doctor describes the ALA IV's various functions and abilities, I think of it as an all around primordial soup. https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...e-disease.aspx

Glad to hear good news. That integrative doctor was a lucky find!

Gulla, thanks for that mention. I did in fact add bilberry to my formula, as well as astaxanthin. My next 6-month follow-up is this Wednesday, January 8. Don't hold your breath!

Keep us posted, good luck.

No change, which is good news. I'm assured that macular degeneration cannot be reversed, so holding it at the very lowest level is the best I can hope for — and so far, so good.
    On the other hand, a tear was discovered in my retina. I was scheduled for immediate surgery the following day, that is, today. Because it bordered on an emergency, they fit me in but I had a very long wait and in the end, the doctor was unable to complete closing the tear. Apparently there was some fluid in the way. At any rate, I have to return tomorrow to complete the procedure with a second doctor on hand to make sure that it's a success. Wish me luck!

Good luck, and please keep us posted.

Here I am, procedure completed. An older and more experienced doctor pointed out that my doctor had encountered a bit of a cataract and needed to power up the laser in order to punch through it. He increased the power once, and then again, and then gave the chair back to my doctor to finish.
    There was a brief moment of panic when the apparatus was removed from my eye and I saw nothing but total black. Black. As in, holy shit, my left eye is blind! But in minutes, reasonably normal vision returned and I was assured that this problem, at least, had been corrected. Follow up visit in seven days. Cautionary note and a chart to post on my fridge and stare at daily to make sure that no further retinal adventures were taking place.
    Driving home after dark was the spookiest part of all. Because my eyes had been dilated both days, every light in my field of vision — headlights, taillights, stoplights, neon lights — had rays sprouting from them; it was kind of like the star of Bethlehem x 1 million. If my left eye had been more willing to participate, it would have been an even more spectacular trip!
    To anyone who has never had retinal surgery, now you know what to expect, and be assured that it's neither scary nor painful, although I did go home with an angry left eye and a pocket full of tears in case I needed them.

Happy that's over with and you're OK. After you informed us about the retinal tear, I researched the matter and found that cataracts are often involved when there's a tear. But, good you got it taken care of because I also read that a retinal tear, if not corrected, can lead to retinal detachment, which is a whole different thing. Feel better!!

Thank you! For 20 years I've been told that all I have is "baby" cataracts so it was a big surprise that the edge of one had gotten in the way. Whatever, I'm told that I'm still a very long way from cataract surgery, for which I credit mega vitamin C.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information