Thread: Three More Countries Set To Phase Out Dental Amalgam Fillings

Default Three More Countries Set To Phase Out Dental Amalgam Fillings

Bryan Hubbard
    July 25 2019

Three more European countries are phasing out the use of amalgam—which is 50 per cent mercury—in dental surgeries. Ireland, Finland and Slovakia have announced a timetable that will see amalgam banned over the next few years.
    They join Sweden and Norway in banning amalgam, which has been linked to neurological and kidney problems.

Dentists in all the 28 member states of the European Union are forbidden from using the material in pregnant and breastfeeding women, and in children under the age of 15.

https://www.wddty.com/news/2019/07/t...=1564054551414

Default Re: Three More Countries Set To Phase Out Dental Amalgam Fillings

It seems that I am reminded daily of how far ahead of us the European countries are, in health and technology. It's discouraging.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

I had one of two "silver fillings" (amalgams) removed several years ago because it was loose. Since then, I've frequently asked my dentist about removing the last one. He says as long as an amalgam maintains its integrity and shows no signs of decay it is better to not remove it. In addition, the white looking "composite" stuff they replaced the first amalgam with is not nearly as durable and requires annual touch up maintenance. Also, the FDA and my dentist debunk the notion that a healthy, well-maintained amalgam causes mercury poisoning. I hope they're right.

Last year, I took my lifelong disabled autistic SIL to a local dentist, to have all 9 of her amalgams replaced with resin filler in about 4+ sessions over a period of appx. 4-6 weeks, replacing about 3 alagams at a time at an average of about $200.00+/tooth USD.

Just like my late wife, my SIL has all 32 teeth in tact, but my wife had only one small amalgam filling. After the amalgam replacement project was complete, I asked the dentist about the effort he had to make, and he told me that 8 of the 9 amalgam fillings were very shallow, and the 9th amalgam filling was not that much deeper. This suggested to me that many years ago, some previous dentist must have taken advantage of my late MIL, (my SIL's care provider at the time), and sold her a "bill of goods" and performed amalgam fillings that my SIL probably did not need.

My late wife had an irreverent sense of humor, and always accredited her perfect 32 teeth to her, "Neanderthal background" https://duckduckgo.com/?q=neandertha...6448825a99.jpg lol, as described in this previous HH thread: https://www.hawkeshealth.net/communi...5794#post75794 Post #3.
    Last edited by grulla; 07-29-19 at 11:47 PM.

Thread Information