Thread: Longevity Depends on Your Lifestyle

Default Longevity Depends on Your Lifestyle

Beth Levine
    March 20, 2019

Lots of people like to blame their families for every negative aspect of their health or weight as in, “I inherited my mother’s slow metabolism,” or “I’m probably doomed to get diabetes because it runs on my father’s side of the family.” While certain traits are directly passed down to us from our parents, such as hair or eye color, others are simply one of many factors that may contribute toward an outcome. Into that category of things which we can’t blame our parents for fall most chronic health issues, including heart disease and diabetes. And now, new research suggests we can’t play the blame game when it comes to our lifespan, because it actually has little to do with our genes.

Read more: https://www.jonbarron.org/anti-aging..._hsmi=75381077
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Longevity Depends on Your Lifestyle

Despite GMOs, glyphosate, and other unhealthy factors, lifespan continues to increase by 3 years for each generation. The World Health Org. reported that globally lifespan increased by 5 years between 2000 and 2016. Why are we living longer despite all the unhealthy dynamics?

When I read all the health website articles, I realize with 20/20 hindsight, just how much that I inherited of my families' bad and/or questionable dietary habits, not to mention a 10 year stint of smoking, beginning in my mid teens.

Fortunately, I was put on the straight and narrow in my mid 20s, by both a homeopathic doctor and a health "nut" work colleague, about avoiding sugars and starches, but poor quality dairy/calcium abuse lingered on until until I finally gave up all dairy last year due to calcified carotid artery issues for which I finally had to be operated on just last May with the newly FDA approved, minimally invasive, (just one hour in outpatient surgery) transcarotid artery revascularisation prodedure (TCAR) . https://silkroadmed.com/the-tcar-procedure/
    Last edited by grulla; 1 Week Ago at 06:40 AM.

Now, in partial reply to Grulla, some health gurus suggest that it's not a bad idea to eat what your immediate ancestors ate. The USA is such a mixing bowl that not all of us can find similarities in what our parents' and grandparents' diet consisted of. In my case, however, it's pretty simple. My Northern European gourmet blend (UK + Lithuania) included a lot of dairy: milk, cheese, cream, sour cream, yogurt etc. For me, a day without cheese is like a day without sunshine!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information