The feature article on mercola.com for August 04, 2019 was an interview with Stephanie Seneff who, in partnership with Anthony Samsel, has published deep research into every aspect of gyphosate. We've been keeping up with their published research here on HH. Samsel is a member of mercola.com but Seneff is not... and so Samsel commented often on that story. I've taken the liberty of copying his comments here because not only are they informative, they shatter some common myths.

samsel
This was a very nice interview. Now a few thoughts. That glyphosate bioaccumulates and becomes part of protein structure originated with me and my study of Monsanto's trade secret studies and my laboratory investigations of the tissues of plants and animals including human tissues. Although Glyphosate is an analog of glycine, it does not have to substitute for glycine in a peptide as it is its own amino acid. Glyphosate is a synthetic amino acid that forms peptides and proteins. This is NOT theory as this has already been proven. There are US patents that also describe glyphosate's formation of peptides.
Glyphosate affects all life by becoming an integral part of it. (1) Glyphosate chemically bonds becoming part of peptides and proteins. (2) Glyphosate chemically bonds and becomes part of carbohydrates i.e.cellulose, saccharides and starches. (3) Glyphosate chemically bonds and becomes part of our lipids or fats.
My latest laboratory work focuses on the later and is indeed probably the most devastating consequence of glyphosate to all biology. I am in process of writing a new paper that discusses my findings. It explains how glyphosate disrupts and inhibits human enzymes and corrupts our lipids and human biological pathways which allows it to act as a causal agent in the rise of all modern disease.
It was I who first made the connection of glyphosate to all modern diseases and alerted the EPA, USDA, NIH, FDA through my US Senator long before asking Stephanie to join me in my research into glyphosate. I told federal agencies that glyphosate was a causal agent in major disease including Autism, Alzheimer's and other neurological disorders, CKD, NAFLD, glycogen storage, heart disease, bone loss, cataracts, skin diseases and cancer and more. My new paper focuses on glyphosate's molecular mechanism in tissues that explains its destruction of biology, with laboratory evidence, evidence that was missed by all government regulators and all researchers ~

samsel@ Dr. Mercola: You asked: " Has your extensive research uncovered any exceptional ways of detoxing glyphosate? " Once glyphosate becomes part of your biology you cannot remove it. Only apoptosis (cell death) will remove glyphosate from the tissues. Products like Restore or the new broccoli product touted by Jefferey Smith will NOT remove glyphosate that is chemically bonded to your biology. Avoiding glyphosate is the key.
samsel@19beets: As I was the researcher who originally elucidated the role of glyphosate with tight junctions, let me correct misinformation spread by activists and those in the medical community about glyphosate and tight junctions. First, glyphosate passes directly into the blood stream from the digestive system within 20-30 minutes of ingestion. Nothing stops glyphosate fast entrance into circulation. Tight junctions cannot prevent this small glyphosate molecule entrance. Glyphosate stays in circulation with a beta half-life of 10-14 days with approximately 1% of each dose from every meal bioaccumulating in all tissues. Once chemically bonded in as part of tissues it cannot be detected by HPLC MSMS or GC until its released from the substrate. Binding products can help reduce the initial load as demonstrated by the work of my colleague Monika Kruger, but nobody should have to take these products with their meals as glyphosate shouldn't be there in the first place and these products do not totally eliminate it from bioaccumulation.
Glyphosate destroys all tissues of all glands and organs with no exceptions and include the polymers of tight junctures and their potential replacement. This allows other xenobiotics and larger molecules to enter the bloodstream.
I have analyzed and found glyphosate in human tissues and those of other animals. I have found glyphosate in human teeth, spinal disc, breast tumor, placentas and umbilical cords of babies. I have found glyphosate in eggs and semen and the collagens, keratins of man and other animals as well as plants and innumerable food items. I was also the first to identify glyphosate in the bodies of both live and dead bees from apiaries suspected of CCD. I have followed glyphosate through and up the food chain from plants and water into horses as well into cows, pigs, chickens and their eggs etc used as food for human consumption ending in the bioaccumulation of glyphosate in humans.

samsel
@Islander: Yes, glyphosate can contaminate aquifer recharge of groundwater, though these levels may often not be within the limits of detection. Glyphosate found in seawater does not degrade and it is becoming part of the biology of all sea life. Its also responsible for the early death of coral reefs and other marine life. Glyphosate from rainwater contaminates all soils which of course includes organic farms ~ In Deerfield, New Hampshire I found glyphosate also in my rainwater which waters my vegetables. I cannot escape this molecule which is destroying the planet.
I also found levels of glyphosate in cities including the rooftop of MIT in Cambridge, MA. The highest level of glyphosate in rainwater was from Germany on the backside of the Alps but none detected on top of the Swiss Alps.
samsel
@Islander: Yes greenhouse vegetables as the Dutch have done for generations is a viable option, but getting glyphosate out of the fuels is a better option. The Dutch have supplied northern Europe with fresh produce during the winter months for generations. Some glass houses full of vegetable crops are 20 miles long with tractors working inside.
This brings back fond memories of growing all kinds of vegetables in my glass greenhouses in Massachusetts in the 1980s. 50,000square feet under glass of mixed vegetable production but there was no market then I was ahead of the times yet before it was fashionable . LOL

samsel
The RuBisCO discussion in this video is incorrect. Glyphosate in the environment does NOT block RuBisCO quite the opposite. Glyphosate at environmental levels increases plant consumption of CO2 greatly increasing plant growth. The papers cited by Stephanie do not take this into consideration. Glyphosate exhibits hormesis. Power companies around the planet are experiencing problems with rapid tree and brush growth such as has not been seen before. Glyphosate at low levels acts as a hormone stimulating plant growth. My laboratory work has now confirmed that glyphosate is in the rainwater around the planet. I have found glyphosate in rainwater in Spain, Germany, USA including trace amounts at Hilo, Hawaii. USGS also found glyphosate in rain but attributed it to glyphosate on dust particles from agriculture. This is NOT the case as I have found Glyphosate in biofuels used in all combustion engines. Glyphosate is in jet fuels, biodiesel, and gasoline added as ethanol from corn. I have determined in the laboratory that this is the source of Glyphosate in the atmosphere ~ I will be releasing details of this work in a new paper ~

samsel
@Krofter: Confucius say Stephanie is excellent student, but does not have the knowledge of the teacher. lol and yes I have great affection for Stephanie. I have the knowledge and actual experience with glyphosate including Monsanto's studies which other researchers do not possess. Glyphosate has been found to increase plant growth at low levels that would be found in the general environment and the work was published in the literature. I will be sure to reference it in my Glyphosate in Rainwater paper. Concerning glyphosate attached to H2O molecules ? The glyphosate found in rainwater is the result of esterification of glyphosate with ethanol. I asked US ethanol producers for samples for my rainwater project but they did not cooperate. So, I brought ethanol from corn in from China and analyzed it. Ethanol forms esters with alcohols so detection is an art.

samsel
@Islander: Yes, glyphosate can contaminate aquifer recharge of groundwater, though these levels may often not be within the limits of detection. Glyphosate found in seawater does not degrade and it is becoming part of the biology of all sea life. Its also responsible for the early death of coral reefs and other marine life. Glyphosate from rainwater contaminates all soils which of course includes organic farms ~ In Deerfield, New Hampshire I found glyphosate also in my rainwater which waters my vegetables. I cannot escape this molecule which is destroying the planet.
I also found levels of glyphosate in cities including the rooftop of MIT in Cambridge, MA. The highest level of glyphosate in rainwater was from Germany on the backside of the Alps but none detected on top of the Swiss Alps
samsel
@rrearose: The answer to your question is yes, it is possible to affect the growth of animals including man as glyphosate also has effects on the immune system and regulation. Glyphosate at low levels is a growth regulator affecting the growth genes of plants. It may be possible to also affect growth genes in animals even as other antibiotics have been used in the past. Monsanto found differences in weights of the animals as well as changes in the organs from glyphosate exposure at much higher levels than we are normally exposed. Those low levels also have effects and experimentation is needed to solidify this possibility ~