Thread: Precision Scheduled Railroading-like plan threatens California water supply

Default Precision Scheduled Railroading-like plan threatens California water supply

Bill Stephens
    August 26, 2019

WASHINGTON — Federal regulators have ordered Union Pacific to restore and maintain five-day per week service to a company that provides water-treatment chemicals to municipalities throughout Southern California.
    Hasa, which makes and distributes water sanitation chemicals such as sodium hypochlorite and hydrochloric acid, last week sought an emergency service order from the Surface Transportation Board after UP said it would reduce switching to the company’s plant in Saugus, Calif., to three days per week, effective Monday.
    The reduced service, Hasa claims, would lead to product shortages that ultimately would threaten supplies of safe water to nearly 24 million people in Southern California.

Continue reading UNLOCKED article at:
    http://trn.trains.com/news/news-wire/2019/08/26-up-customer-precision-scheduled-railroading-service-cutbacks-threaten-southern-calif-clean-water-supply
    Last edited by Islander; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:10 AM. Reason: formatting, 100-word limit

Default Re: Precision Scheduled Railroading-like plan threatens California water supply

I've been retired from 42 years in the RR telecom industry, since 2010, and for those that don't know, my understanding of "precision scheduled railroading" applies to freight trains, as if they were scheduled passenger trains. Traditionally, freight trains have always operated randomly on an as-per-need movement.

ALSO: "Hasa, which makes and distributes water sanitation chemicals such as sodium hypochlorite and hydrochloric acid,..." This begs the question as to who may be threatening the water supply more, the railroad (UPRR) or the Hasa Co.??? I saw a litany of chemical ingredients and did not see fluoride mentioned in the article, but unless one asks, you never know what subject maybe being avoided???
    Last edited by grulla; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:40 PM.

Default Re: Precision Scheduled Railroading-like plan threatens California water supply

Grulla, please stop begging the question.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

"Grulla, please stop begging the question." That English teacher is bound and determined, yet, to slap my knuckles with a ruler during after-hour class detention. Either that, or I am going to have to stand in the corner, lol.
    Last edited by grulla; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:47 AM.

Well, I explained that. "When we know better, we do better." I regret the perpetuation of the destruction of logical fallacies!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information