Thread: Cucurmin Is Good For Bone Cancer, Too

Default Cucurmin Is Good For Bone Cancer, Too

Bryan Hubbard
    September 17 2019

Curcumin, the main ingredient in turmeric, is a natural cancer killer—and the list of cancers it can combat keeps on growing. The latest is bone cancer, and the spice could be particularly effective against osteosarcoma, the second most lethal cancer among children.
    It stops the cancer growing and promotes healthy bone cells, say researchers who believe it's a real alternative to chemotherapy, especially for small children.

Read more:https://www.wddty.com/news/2019/09/c...=1568892924696
    Last edited by Julieanne; 09-21-19 at 07:50 PM.

Default Re: Cucurmin Is Good For Bone Cancer, Too

I liken curcumin to vitamin C....panacea written all over it. Everyday they're finding new benefits for both. Read today that high dose, IV vitamin C cured sepsis, an infectious blood disease. The doctor labeled sepsis as a severe form of scurvy, a disease caused by a vit. C deficiency. Curcumin is quickly becoming the new vit. C.
    Last edited by Julieanne; 09-21-19 at 07:49 PM.

I'm completely sold on the many benefits of sufficient vitamin C, from personal experience as well as from reading and research. But I agree with the Wiz that curcumin has been hyped to the point where it strains credibility. The people of India consume a great deal of curcumin in their diet. I wonder, is their rate of cancer better than ours, with our rather unhealthy Western diet?
    Last edited by Julieanne; 09-21-19 at 07:48 PM.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Two days ago, I commented about lycopene in iron rich food in responce to Julieanne's IP, https://www.hawkeshealth.net/communi...ad.php?t=19619, "Good article, thanks. Lycopene is one of a 5 natural supplement regimen, in high remedial doses, that my integrative doctor has had me on to successfully eliminate two nodular growths on my prostate, (so far, so good, but requires routine monitoring with ultrasound)." Well, curcumin is one of the other of those 5 natural supps. regimen that my integrative doctor has me taking in elevated doses.
    Last edited by Julieanne; 09-21-19 at 07:47 PM.

I'm a believer in the benefits of curcumin. Healthier blood sugar and blood pressure levels and reduced inflammation are among the highly touted benefits of curcumin. Since adding it to my diet two years ago, my A1c level has been constant between 5.2 and 5.4. The biggest problem with curcumin supplements is bioavailability. It is poorly absorbed. Liposomal curcumin gets around the absorption problem, but it's very expensive. However, supplements that contain Curcumin C3 Complex or BCM-95 are the most absorbable. If bio-perine (a black pepper extract) is added to the supplement, this enhances absorption even more. The above curcumin supplements cost a bit more, but you can be assured of maximum bioavailability. There's a lot of "fake" curcumin on the market. Beware!
    Last edited by Julieanne; 09-21-19 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    ".......The people of India consume a great deal of curcumin in their diet. I wonder, is their rate of cancer better than ours, with our rather unhealthy Western diet?
    According to the data, India's cancer rate is much better than ours. The estimates range all over the place, but generally it appears that India's rate of cancer is 100 per every 100,000, compared to 300 per 100,000 in the U.S. CAVEAT: Not sure the lower cancer rate is all due to curcumin. They don't consume curcumin as a single supplement. They consume lots of "turmeric," of which curcumin is just one ingredient. Turmeric oils and other curcuminoids in turmeric promote health also. Also, remember the "cow is sacred" to large numbers of people in India. I've seen estimates as high as 40% of the Indian population is vegetarian or eat no beef, but eat some other type meat (chicken). But, a heavy plant-based diet is more common in India than in the U.S. Lastly, cigarette smoking is epidemic in India. According to data, over 600,000 children smoke everyday, many as young as 9 and 10 yrs. old. The number of regular smokers in India is estimated at about 300 Million, almost the entire population of the U.S. Lung cancer and oral cancer from cigarette smoking is the #1 cancer among Indian men. So, bottom line: the heavy consumption of turmeric and a heavy plant-based diet, despite the smoking epidemic, puts India's cancer rate among the lowest worldwide, according to data.
    Last edited by Julieanne; 09-21-19 at 07:46 PM.

Reason I edited everyone's posts: silly typo in the heading I only just noticed.

LOL. I didn't notice this one, but it's happened to me in the past… And the more replies, the more tedious work to go in and edit every title! Thank you for keeping the bar high, Julie. Class act, you are!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard View Post
    The biggest problem with curcumin supplements is bioavailability.
    Bioperine supplements are quite cheap, cheaper than buying turmeric with added bioperine.

Thread Information