Thread: Big Tech Wants To Replace Medical Doctors And Squelch Alternative Health

Default Big Tech Wants To Replace Medical Doctors And Squelch Alternative Health

Health Impact News
    September 21 2019

The September newsletter of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) is sounding the warning about Big Tech’s plans to take over medical care as Americans increasingly turn over their privacy for the sake of convenience.
    Excerpts:
    Dr. Robot is visiting patients in some places but could be displaced by Dr. Alexa, the virtual assistant in Amazon smart speakers, who is already able to perform certain health-related tasks. “She” can track blood glucose levels, describe symptoms, access post-surgical care instructions, monitor home prescription deliveries, and make appointments at an urgent care center.

Read more: https://healthimpactnews.com/2019/bi...native-health/

Default Re: Big Tech Wants To Replace Medical Doctors And Squelch Alternative Health

This is huge news. I was not aware that Amazon's Alexa had been approved to access and transmit personal health records controlled by the 1996 HIPAA Act. The flood gates are open, and personal health records will now be available to anyone who wants to unscrupulously gain access to them, as in hacking. Personal health records were intended to be just that...personal. And, sadly, people of the Alexa age won't mind a bit. In general, the younger generation has no qualms about openness or lack of privacy. Just look at the extraordinary revelations of personal information shared on social media. Guess I shouldn't be too amazed. Not the world I grew up in. Color me neanderthal. Lol.

Default Re: Big Tech Wants To Replace Medical Doctors And Squelch Alternative Health

Meet another Neanderthal. I don't own or want Alexa or her siblings, and according to the story, there's nothing a robot can do for me that I actually need — or can't easily do myself. I know other dinosaurs who keep their calendar etc. on their phone, but I still linger in the dark ages; I prefer to keep some records using old-fashioned pen and paper.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

More on health and privacy:
    Millions of Americans’ Medical Images and Data Are Available on the Internet. Anyone Can Take a Peek.
    Hundreds of computer servers worldwide that store patient X-rays and MRIs are so insecure that anyone with a web browser or a few lines of computer code can view patient records. One expert warned about it for years.

Jack Gillum, Jeff Kao and Jeff Larson
    Sept. 17, 2019

ProPublica is a nonprofit newsroom that investigates abuses of power. Sign up for ProPublica’s Big Story newsletter to receive stories like this one in your inbox as soon as they are published.

https://www.propublica.org/article/m...investigations
    Last edited by Islander; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:06 AM.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Cyber security is must and seeing the security system of patient data records in hospital is horrible, any guy with a little knowledge of hacking can hack their system easily.

Thread Information