Thread: Major Journal Warns Calling Breastfeeding Natural Will Discourage Vaccine And Formula

Default Major Journal Warns Calling Breastfeeding Natural Will Discourage Vaccine And Formula

greenmedinfo
    October 15, 2019

A study published in the journal Pediatrics raises concern over the use of the term "natural" to describe breastfeeding, even though the weight of evidence (and common sense) indicates prioritizing breastfeeding over man-made formulas or vaccines is the best way to protect your child and the mother's health.
    ...calling breastfeeding "natural" poses countless risks for public health officials and those who wish to promote their "synthetic" or "factory-made" formulas or vaccines. They want to ban the word "natural," as calling breastfeeding the "natural" option will not "align with public health goals". They should be concerned. "Natural" breastfeeding benefits highly outweigh "factory-made" formula feeding and has been linked to lower infant mortality, particularly in Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).

Read more: https://www.greenmedinfo.health/blog...cine-and-for-1
    Last edited by Islander; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:20 PM. Reason: correct the date, formatting

Default Re: Major Journal Warns Calling Breastfeeding Natural Will Discourage Vaccine And For

This is just about the silliest thing I ever had heard, and I have heard a lot of silly things.

Default Re: Major Journal Warns Calling Breastfeeding Natural Will Discourage Vaccine And For

"There's something rotten in Denmark," as they say!! The original April 2016 article concludes this way:
    "....The "natural" option does not align consistently with public health goals. If doing what is "natural" is "best" in the case of breastfeeding, how can we expect mothers to ignore that powerful and deeply persuasive worldview when making choices about vaccination?" **Need I say anything more? At the end of the article, the two authors indicated they have no "conflicts of interest" or "financial relationships relevant to this article" to disclose. Yeah....OK. Right.????

This is laughable. There is nothing "natural" about bottle-feeding an infant. Further, newborns come already carrying their mother's immunities and need no vaccines — not as newborns, and in my opinion, never. What a lame article!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

For medical professionals to take the stance that breastfeeding is not "natural" in order to bolster their ability to advocate for vaccinations later is wholly unethical and a serious form of malpractice.

I had a hairdresser several years ago who was pregnant. She had no plans to breastfeed. When I asked why, she said it was 'unnatural"! I was gobsmacked and asked what she thought breasts were for. Her answer? For men's pleasure. I didn't push it any further to ask why they produced milk - maybe I should have.

I'm gobsmacked too! I'd call this "devolution." Reminds of of talk about a "license to parent."
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

I have to wonder how this 67 Y.O. Chinese lady doctor that just gave birth, will deal with breast feeding, which has just now been reported on this morning's news: https://www.kxxv.com/news/national/r...nant-naturally

This is a remarkable story, and the husband was 68. But, regardless of age, not ALL new mothers can produce enough breast milk to nurse their newborns. So, in 1985, the Human Breast Milk Bank of North America (HMBANA) was established to provide non-breast feeding mothers with human breast milk for their babies. According to guidelines, no mother will be denied based on her inability to pay. Costs range from $3 to $5 per ounce. There are currently 28 milk banks in North America = 3 in Canada, 25 in U.S. Read more about HMBANA here: https://www.hmbana.org/about-us/

Veteran Member

When natural doesn't mean natural anymore--and a whole lot of other words as well--whether the deception is for financial gain, political gain, to manipulate and control human behavior, emotions, perceptions, and thinking (and that manipulation is the bottom line, in my opinion), or anything else, we have come frighteningly closer to the disaster portrayed in 1984. "Big Brother" could not have had the despotic power 'he' had in the dystopia portrayed therein without the utterly deceptive manipulation of language.

If you haven't read it lately, you might want to; if you don't feel like reading the whole depressing thing, I suggest at least reading the several afterwords or appendices. (Not sure what they're called in this book.) They deal with the "Newspeak" and "Doublespeak" which were vital to "Big Brother's" hold on power.

Or, read his essay: Politics and the English Language. It won't take you long.

Veteran Member

Excellent idea, Julieanne. It can be found online.

Thread Information