Thread: US Government Opposes Thailand’s Ban on Glyphosate and other Toxic Pesticides

Default US Government Opposes Thailand’s Ban on Glyphosate and other Toxic Pesticides

Oct 30 2019
    Sustainable Pulse

This month, the Thai government moved to ban some toxic chemicals out of concern for the health of its residents and environment. In response, U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Undersecretary Ted McKinney sent a document to Thailand’s Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha pushing back on their plan.
    After powerful and sustained activism from local advocacy groups such as BioThai, the Thai government decided to upgrade glyphosate, chlorpyrifos, and paraquat from Type 3 toxic substances to Type 4, meaning these chemicals will no longer be allowed to be produced, imported, or possessed in the country.

Continue reading to discover the impact on U.S. exports, which is what makes this "pushback" political: https://sustainablepulse.com/2019/10...erm=2019-11-01
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: US Government Opposes Thailand’s Ban on Glyphosate and other Toxic Pesticides

I must be getting numb, I'm no longer shocked or surprised at this sort of response from the US government.

Default Re: US Government Opposes Thailand’s Ban on Glyphosate and other Toxic Pesticides

True... but I sure get angry. I'm afraid I've reached a level that anger management can't touch!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

I shake my head in disgust. Almost every health organization in the world has raised the "caution" flag on glyphosate. This should be a no-brainer. As for chlorpyrifos, the U.S. banned the use in homes in 2015, and farmers were to stop using the chemical on crops because of the damage it could do to children's brains. However, under the current administration farmers have been given a reprieve and may continue to use. SMH in total disgust!!

Thread Information