Thread: Aging treatment

Default Aging treatment

Hi, What is the best way to fight aging? I am looking for aging treatment without side effect. Please share your views

Default Re: Aging treatment

Healthy lifestyle (not temporary) diet is key. Some moderate exercise, like walking/hiking, is also important. Here are two EcoWatch health related articles in this morning's email to give you a head start, the first article is about IF (intermittant fasting) https://www.ecowatch.com/intermitten...1#rebelltitem1,

And the other article is about preserving nutrition in various cooking techniques and procedures. I also want to add to this article, the late Adele Davis' 24 hour slow roasting technique cook book, Let's Cook It Right: https://www.ecowatch.com/how-does-co...1#rebelltitem1

You should also learn about avoiding most sugars, starchy carbs, and chemically adulterated packaged/canned foods from your diet, and rely on veggies/greens and certain fats from healthy (grass fed and organic) sources, such as extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) and coconut oil (CCO) organic unadulterated lard and tallow, wild caught fish, grassfed beef, lamb, as well as free range pork and poultry. I hope I have you pointed in the right direction; do more on-line research, lots to learn.

EDIT: https://www.westonaprice.org/health-...althy-diets-2/
    https://www.greenmedinfo.health
    Last edited by Islander; 11-30-20 at 05:36 PM.

SophyR, your attachment looks like a helpful resource for advice on aging gracefully. I'll support a lot of what Grulla just listed, with one clarification: all beef is grass-fed beef. That's what cattle eat, grass. What you are looking for is not merely grass-fed, but grass-finished beef. Commercial feedlot beef is raised on grass, of course, but is finished on GMO grains, which is what makes it unacceptable. Shop for grass-finished beef, and if it's not labeled as such, ask.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

One of the best "aging treatments" is to properly manage stress. You can't avoid stress, but if you handle it well you should age well. Long-term emotional stress that's always present--the type that causes unrelenting worry, sleepless nights, constant headaches, etc.--will age you quickly, wreaking havoc on your immune system. Under constant stress, your body produces the hormone cortisol, which increases your blood pressure, blood sugar levels, causes you to feel anxious and sometimes depressed, among many other things. **Bottom line: if you want to fight aging, then fight stress. Find happy moments everyday. Laugh, smile, sing, take deep breaths; and remember the old saying, "don't sweat the small stuff...and everything is small stuff."

"SophyR" I neglected to mention above, other credible, long established health (food) sources, the Weston A. Price Foundation, and Green Med Info, whch I will also attach edit above. https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/abcs-of-nutrition/principles-of-healthy-diets-
    https://www.greenmedinfo.health/page/about-us
    Last edited by grulla; 01-03-20 at 08:58 AM.

this also helps me even though i'm not going to age any time sooner but it helps . better now than later

Thank you grulla for this excellent piece on intermittent fasting, but do I need to continue on supplements if I follow this? I take zinc supplement for quite some time now.

Good question, paulsteven. The short answer is Yes. The reason: unless you are growing your own fruits and vegetables in rich, composted soil, you will not be getting full value for your expense.
    Industrial agriculture, in the US and most of the developed world, is grown as monocultures — hundreds of acres of a single crop, like beans or squash or cabbages. These practices invite pests on a large scale, requiring the use of toxic pesticides, most of which cannot be washed off. Further, over generations these soils have become so exhausted that they furnish no discernible nutrition beyond the commercial chemical NPK fertilizer. Ideally plants pick up hundreds of other nutrients and micro nutrients from a fertile soil, which commercial agriculture does not provide. Since you aren't getting the nutrition the charts may tell you these foods contain, it's wise to take a quality vitamin-mineral supplement to provide what's missing.

Is zinc the only supplement you take? A good quality vitamin-mineral supplement should provide your daily needs. The two supplements I would encourage in addition to the multivitamin are vitamin C and vitamin D. Pretty much everyone in the US is deficient in vitamin D, often seriously deficient. And because we are one of two mammals that does not produce its own vitamin C, we desperately need far more than the SAD (standard American diet) provides. I take 4 g daily in divided doses, and a gram an hour if I feel that I might be coming down with something. And I cannot remember the last time I had a cold; I've never had the flu.
    If you are looking for advice on how to manage vitamin D intake, please ask. I've written a short paper of instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by paulsteven View Post
    Thank you grulla for this excellent piece on intermittent fasting, but do I need to continue on supplements if I follow this? I take zinc supplement for quite some time now.
    Glad "Islander" answered as I'm not sure why IF would have anything to do with ending zinc or any other supplementation???

Thank you Islander, I feel so blessed to be here
    My children suffer from allergies and take levocetirizine. They must be lacking in vitamins, their immunity is so low. Please throw some light on vitamin D intake. Thank you.

@paulsteven, per your request: GUIDELINES FOR VITAMIN D SUPPLEMENTATION

1. Most Americans are deficient in vitamin D. You cannot get enough merely from sunshine in at least half of these United States, since it's too cold for several months of the year to bare your torso. Sunshine on arms, legs, face, won't help at all. You need sunshine on your torso in the window between 10 AM and 2 PM of solar noon in your locale. 20 minutes a day should be enough, but most of us are not in a position to bare our torso for 20 minutes every sunny day. Further, in my experience, in the last two years the sun has simply been too hot to stay out much longer than 10 minutes. Avoid early morning or late afternoon sun; at that point you are getting UVA, the rays that cause wrinkling and leathery skin, rather than the UVB rays that your body can utilize. Cover up or seek shade. If your shadow is longer than you are tall, you've missed the UVB window.

2. If you are supplementing with vitamin D3, you'll also need the cofactors which few think to include in the recommendation. To make your D bioavailale, you need calcium, magnesium and ultra vitamin K2, and you need to take these with meals or at least with some kind of fat because D is fat soluble. Doctors have stopped recommending supplementing with calcium since most of us get an adequate amount in our diet, and too much will actually send calcium to soft tissues where it can do much harm. Dairy products and dark green leafy vegetables should supply all the calcium you need safely.

3. Most suggested doses of vitamin D are absurdly low. 8000 IUs/day is a maintenance dose. Most of us are deficient and we'd do well to start with 20,000 IUs a day for at least two weeks before dropping back to 10,000. Highly recommend that you get your hydroxyvitamin D test before you begin either supplementing or sunbathing. You will need a baseline from which to measure your level at the 6-month point and beyond. 40 ng/mL is a good level to aim for and 60 would be a comfortable level to maintain. I keep mine at 80. I can't remember when I've had a cold, and my last bone scan at the age of 70 showed me to have the bones of a 30-year-old. (A lot of vitamin C helps).

4. Finally, avoid showering with soap after sun exposure. The thin film of cholesterol on your skin is absorbing the vitamin D you've just been exposed to (which is actually a hormone), and removing that surface oil will erase all the gains you made. Rinse with water; if you must use soap, use it just on your pits and bits.

A cautionary note: just as there is no perfect one-size-fits-all diet, there is no one perfect dosage of vitamin D3, because each of us is an individual and metabolizes nutrients differently. Age, weight, gender, and skin color all affect one's reaction to both sun and capsules. I strongly suggest that everyone begin with a baseline test; they aren't expensive and free for those on Medicare. Test again at the three month or six month level to evaluate your gains. You may want to adjust your daily dosage up or down depending on test results. It is virtually impossible to overdose, but wise to maintain a level between 40 and 60 ng/mL.

I’ve saved this advice for the next time someone recommends supplementing with vitamin D without understanding that there's a right and wrong way to achieve the health benefits you're hoping for.
    Last edited by Islander; 12-01-20 at 05:30 PM.

Thank you for this valuable info @Islander, we are going for this hydroxyvitamin D test. While getting more information on Vitamin D deficiency, I found this useful read - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7385774/

Hey, thank you for finding that supportive article! No surprise there at all. I consider vitamin D and vitamin C to be top shelf, five star, blue ribbon supplements. It's virtually impossible to overdose on either one (too much vitamin C will give you a loose stool, which is an indication to cut back until you find the Sweet Spot). When threatened with anything like a sore throat, I take a gram an hour. Do that all day and I might have consumed 16-18 grams... And yet I have never reached bowel tolerance. To me, that's a message that my body is using every molecule that I feed it. IV vitamin C is currently being used in multiple hospitals, both here and abroad, to mitigate the symptoms of COVID-19. Evidence has also shown that osteoporosis is nothing more than scurvy of the bones. Because most of us simply aren't cognizant of the value of vitamin C (thank you, pharmaceutical industry) a lot of us assume that a glass of orange juice in the morning is adequate. That's just laughable.

Thread Information