Thread: The Best Herbs For Joint Pain

Default The Best Herbs For Joint Pain

Jamie Esk
    July 16 2019

Arthritis is a general term that describes a family of medical conditions characterized by joint inflammation, pain, and stiffness. Herbs and other natural remedies may help relieve joint pain.

Medical treatments, regular exercise, and proper nutrition can also help a person manage their arthritis symptoms.

Read more: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325760.php

Default Re: The Best Herbs For Joint Pain

I try to stick to an anti-inflammatory diet and I regularly take curcumin with piperine. I don't expect that the arthritis in my hands it's going to get any better than it is right now, which is not saying much! I use the dictation app for most typing, most of the time now.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

I take 2 of the herbs on the list--turmeric (curcumin) and boswellia (frankincense)--whenever I experience joint pain. Excess "Uric acid"--which results from the breakdown of protein--is a major cause of joint pain. Low fat milk and milk products help reduce uric acid, thus reducing joint pain. Milk proteins, like casein and lactalbumin, reduce the formation of uric acid and also helps the kidneys to excrete it faster so buildup does not occur. I drink about 6 ounces of 2% milk or skim milk when I feel joint pain and within a couple of hours the pain disappears. Full fat milk does not work for me. Also, I have also used organic tart cherry juice for joint pain. It works but the 2% milk seems to work better for me.

I have never been a milk drinker, not even as a child. But in light of what you just said, Mr. Wizard, would the same milk proteins be found in products like cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, yogurt, buttermilk or cream?

Yes, any "low-fat" milk product, like yogurt, cheese, etc. have been shown to reduce uric acid. Also, foods high in "purines" increase uric acid production, resulting in joint pain. Low fat milk and low fat milk products are low in purines.
    Keep reading: https://goutandyou.com/how-dairy-pro...ith-your-gout/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard View Post
    Yes, any "low-fat" milk product, like yogurt, cheese, etc. have been shown to reduce uric acid. Also, foods high in "purines" increase uric acid production, resulting in joint pain. Low fat milk and low fat milk products are low in purines.
    Keep reading: https://goutandyou.com/how-dairy-pro...ith-your-gout/
    I am very suspicious and concerned of all that because (1) that website refers to govt. webmd as a reference source, and (2) they are pushing a (questionable) product. Rather than consume lots of poor quality dairy that is low fat, from A1/A1 commercial CAFO dairy cows, (as opposed to grassfed A2/A2 heritage livestock), and is pasteurized, I would suggest finding the root cause of your gout in the foods that you consume.

When I had gout, I discovered over time that the yeast in the beer I drank was the cause, so I gave up beer almost completely and the gout disappeared. But everyone is different, so one has to do their own diet research. I might add though, that the organic Lakewood TART cherry juice I drank did help a lot over time.

Due to my calcified carotid artery ordeal, I am very prejudiced about consuming ANY dairy and believe some health forum members when they say that dairy/milk is only for the newborn. And then there's this: "Death by Calcium" a 72 minute video by Dr. Thomas Levy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwi9iZvudXA
    Last edited by grulla; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:18 PM.

I would never advocate drinking milk from commercial CAFO dairy cows. The milk and milk products I purchase are all sourced from grass-fed, pasture-raised cows. Finding the root cause of arthritis, gout, and all other inflammatory joint conditions is easier said than done. But, it's a good idea. Happy to see we agree on the benefits of organic "pure tart cherry" juice. It works for me, but not as well as organic, grass-fed, low-fat milk and milk products.

I've never had gout although I do have arthritis in my hands from years of pulling weeds. I have access to A/2 raw milk but rarely take advantage of it. I would use fresh milk mainly for fish chowder and once I heat that, it's no longer raw, is it? I am, however, a cheese lover, and since my ancestry on both sides is Northern European gourmet blend, I think my DNA is perfectly comfortable with high-fat dairy, including yogurt and sour cream. Referring to a post of a few minutes ago, I guess there is another instance of forgotten fat in my diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard View Post
    ....I take about 6 ounces of 2% milk or skim milk when I feel joint pain and within a couple of hours the pain disappears. Full fat milk does not work for me...It works but the 2% milk seems to work better for me.
    I was a bit confused "Mr. Wiz" as I always have equated skimmed or 2% milk as being adulterated, pasteurized, and not being grass fed or organic??? I guess when it comes to medicinal reasons, there are a lot of exceptions, "the poison is in the dose". I learn something new here everyday.
    Last edited by grulla; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:47 AM.

Skimmed milk is merely milk from which some of the fat (cream) has been removed. When we kept cows, I stored the milk in wide-mouthed gallon jugs, easy to acccess the cream. I skimmed some of the cream from the family milk to make butter. One of my milk customers preferred theirs skimmed as well, which added to the supply of cream for butter-making.
    Skimming, then, has nothing to do with whether the milk is fresh off the farm or fresh from the commercial creamery. Just wanted to clarify that.

I can get all the organic whole A2 milk I could wish for from the Amish neighbors down the road. But what would I use it for?
    Last edited by Islander; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:59 PM.

Thread Information