Thread: Medicinal Foods And Beverages Protect Against Coronavirus Research Suggests

Default Medicinal Foods And Beverages Protect Against Coronavirus Research Suggests

Sayer Ji
    March 10 2020

While the world, at present, appears to be in an accelerating tailspin around the coronavirus outbreak, with very little if any hope provided through conventional medical approaches, the reality is that there are natural alternatives that already have been, and continue to be worth investigating.

The good news is that there have been a number of studies performed over the years on natural substances, which are relatively easy to access, are exceptionally affordable, have thousands of years of history among many cultures of safe use, and include culinary spices that may support your immunity while nourishing you deeply in these stressful times.

Read more: https://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/me...ZYQXkifQ%3D%3D
    Last edited by Julieanne; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:36 PM.

Default Re: Medicinal Foods And Beverages Protect Against Coronavirus Research Suggests

Great to read about these 4 natural substances. I continue to marvel at the medicinal properties of "organic" raw garlic. Even most garlic supplements have some benefit. **Just one note on cinnamon. Anyone using cinnamon to fight coronavirus should opt for ceylon cinnamon over cassia cinnamon. While cassia is the more common type found in grocery stores, it can contain between 60 to 250 times more coumarin than ceylon. Coumarin can be toxic to the liver and kidneys in large quantities. Keep reading: https://draxe.com/nutrition/coumarin/

Default Re: Medicinal Foods And Beverages Protect Against Coronavirus Research Suggests

I have a lightly heated, sliced garlic clove and red onion slice rings simmered every morning in my veggie omelet, (with meat on the side). Lots of allicin. Last January, I came down with something like the flu, but was able to shake it in less than 2 days. However, another 2 days later, it returned in a coughing event that took almost 2 weeks to shake, but at least I came out of it OK. Of course, the $64 question remains if I had actually had a brief bout of COVID19 or just the flu, I guess I'll never know for sure, other than to say that nutrients like garlic, Vit C sodium ascorbate and liposomal C, and others must have saved the day for me.

And also, I use plenty non-cassia, low/no coumarin, organic Ceylon cinnamon in my WHOLE oat groatmeal every morning, with organic apple chunks and ghee. That is something I learned from you a couple years ago here on the HH forum, thanks again. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...18386#takeaway
    Last edited by grulla; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:42 PM.

I don't really like raw garlic, but I have recently been making fermented garlic. After four weeks fermentation it loses its raw, hot taste and is quite delicious. Really easy to do - the hardest part is peeling the cloves. I speed that up by freezing them first, which helps the skin to slip off easily.

Freezing garlic cloves, I'll have to try that. One day I was watching a TV chef prepare garlic that he shook hard in a jar to loosen the skins. I tried that but it didn't seem to work well for me. Maybe it's the particular strain of garlic that makes the difference??? Meanwhile, it's back to peeling those pesky cloves. lol

I've read fermented garlic has double the antioxidants of raw garlic. I've never tried it, but I'm now tempted.

grulla, I think you're right about different strains. Some are definitely easier to peel than others, but your chef's trick didn't work for me either. I usually just press hard with a knife to crush the cloves when I'm cooking, but in this case I wanted them whole.

Mr Wiz, I've never seen it for sale, but it's dead easy to make. I'll post in 'recipes'.

Vigorous shaking will loosen garlic skills remarkably well, but the secret is to give them lots and lots of room. I drop a handful into a big mixing bowl and then place another mixing bowl over it, creating a balloon sized sphere which I then shake like a champion. Works every time!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information