Thread: The New Coronavirus Was Not Man-Made, Study Shows

Default The New Coronavirus Was Not Man-Made, Study Shows

Ana Sandoiu
    March 20 2020

New research finds that SARS-CoV-2, the new coronavirus that causes COVID-19, is the result of the natural process of evolution rather than a product of laboratory engineering.

The new study appears in the journal Nature Medicine, and Kristian Andersen, Ph.D., an associate professor of immunology and microbiology at the Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla, CA, is the first and corresponding author on the paper.

Andersen and colleagues set out to see what they could deduce about the origin of the new coronavirus from analyzing the genomic data available.
    As the authors mention in their paper, since the start of the COVID-19 outbreak, researchers have been trying to grapple with the origins of the virus that caused it.

Read more: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...&apid=28940830

Default Re: The New Coronavirus Was Not Man-Made, Study Shows

Mercola these days is full of conspiracy theorists. One in particular says it is was all planned and compares the outbreak to 9/11, implying that was also false. I sent this link and replied " If this was preplanned, why did it start in China, where so many of their people died? Surely it would have made more sense to release it in the West, if the plan was to disrupt society. China's economy is in dire straits because of this virus. It came from wild animals and was not planned. Do you really think doctors are treating ACTORS?" (she refers to MSM's links to the entertainment industry).

I don't wish to be rude to members here, but the US has such an isolationist attitude it seems to forget how many other countries are involved. Frequent comments that warmer weather will slow it down ignores the fact that it is thriving in hot climates. It arrived in Australia when temps were 40-50C (122F) and is still growing.

I wouldn't dismiss the CENTRAL Chinese Gov's. willful involvement in population control (or other reasons) via pandemic, just yet. Remember, it was the CENTRAL Chinese government that instituted population control in the first place. https://www.britannica.com/topic/one-child-policy .

Perhaps they did not start the Coronavirus, but there is always the possibility that they are exploiting this Coronavirus situation by somehow helping the virus propagate, and I would not put that past them, as they could be wanting to downsize their own population, as well as everyone else's, for whatever reason(s).

I have many concerns about global (as well as regional) over-population, the number one environmental root cause problem. And this is not (necessarily) about people per square mile over-crowding, but rather the supply and demand of clean natural resources such as water, the air we breathe, seafood, non-toxic chemical farmland, etc.

But the problem needs to be addressed in a sane and civilized way with education, and not through some sneaky, underhanded methods that the conspiracy theorists point out, such as globalist genocide, wars, and such.

Just about everything one reads on Mercola and many other health related websites, about environmental health issues such as organic agriculture VS massive chemical agriculture (waterway) pollution, natural medicine VS big pharma, coal fired powerplants and methane cow farts polluting the air, comes from mostly big corporations trying to accommodate a never ending population expansion with modern technological science, and to what end???

https://www.hawkeshealth.net/communi...ght=population
    Last edited by grulla; 03-29-20 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Julieanne View Post
    ......"I don't wish to be rude to members here, but the US has such an isolationist attitude it seems to forget how many other countries are involved. Frequent comments that warmer weather will slow it down ignores the fact that it is thriving in hot climates. It arrived in Australia when temps were 40-50C (122F) and is still growing.
    Thank you for your candor. I agree 100% about the U.S. isolationist attitude. I've read that Russia and other countries are sending healthcare workers to help Italy. The U.S., as far I know, has not sent a single healthcare worker abroad. We have sent funds. We didn't always have an isolationist view of the world.

I think the experts know enough to conclude COVID-19 was not man made. However, no one is 100% sure of its origin. I read that originally "bats" were suspected. But, in order to be scientifically conclusive, the bat DNA must be at least 99.5% or higher match to the viral DNA. So far, the best match was 92.0%, far from scientifically conclusive. We may never know the exact origin. A good guess is still just a guess!

Missing Link In Coronavirus Jump From Bats To Humans Could Be Pangolins, Not Snakes

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0326144342.htm

Let's be careful here about getting into conspiracy theories. I've been banned from mercola yet again, and this time I doubt that I'll even try to enter after my punishment period ends. He's increasingly going off the deep end, and given the division in US society today, the direction he's been taking recently is not helpful. At this point I'm ready to wield the ban hammer on anyone who uses the word "weaponized."
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Quote Originally Posted by Julieanne View Post
    ....I don't wish to be rude to members here, but the US has such an isolationist attitude it seems to forget how many other countries are involved..
    Point well taken, however from watching the news, I have this uncomfortable feeling that if this COVID19 keeps up, it will give new international meaning to "isolation"

Thread Information