Thread: Hospital-based Intravenous Vitamin C Treatment for Coronavirus and Related Illnesses

Default Hospital-based Intravenous Vitamin C Treatment for Coronavirus and Related Illnesses

I inadvertently overlooked this, just found it again and wanted to include it because of the very specific information.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Orthomolecular Medicine News Service, Feb 2, 2020
    Andrew W. Saul and Atsuo Yanagisawa, MD, PhD

No matter which hospital a coronavirus patient may seek help from, the question is, Will they be able to leave walking out the front door, or end up being wheeled out the basement backdoor? Prompt administration of intravenous vitamin C, in high doses, can make the difference.

Abundant clinical evidence confirms vitamin C's effectiveness when used in sufficient quantity. [1]
    Physicians have demonstrated the powerful antiviral action of vitamin C for decades. [2]

Read actual dosages and more: http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v16n07.shtml
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Hospital-based Intravenous Vitamin C Treatment for Coronavirus and Related Illnes

Thanks Islander...very informative. Wow...12 grams to 25 grams of IV C is a lot. This is the first IV C "cocktail," including B vitamins. I've also been reading about the power of quercetin for viral respiratory diseases. Quercetin is often included in vit. C supplements. It has strong anti-inflammatory properties that diminishes inflammation in the lungs, which almost always accompanies any type of respiratory infection. Would love to see a cocktail of IV C and quercetin combined. My vit. C supplements include both.

Default Re: Hospital-based Intravenous Vitamin C Treatment for Coronavirus and Related Illnes

Yes, I order two separate kinds of vitamin C from vitacost. One includes L-lysine and L-proline; that one goes down first thing in the morning. The second adds quercetin to the C, and that's the one that adds three more grams in the course of a day. Lately I've been increasing that by a gram or two, just as a cautionary procedure. I may have mentioned elsewhere that I just got my latest (18 month) vitamin D check, and I'm at 79 right where I want to be!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

I keep 3 different forms of Vit C on hand. Last year I (fortunately) ordered half doz. 16 oz jars of Vit C sodium ascorbate (SA) powder from Vita, which BTW, I share with my lifelong autistic disabled SIL next door, who is pretty good about reliably taking it often every day.

Before that, Mercola had run a great discount ad over a year ago for Liposomal-C where I also stocked up on plenty, and take one capsule with each of my two IF (intermittent fasting) meals in the early morning and noon, after which I continue with some S.A. periodically for the rest of the day. And I believe that really helps with regularity as all that Vit C has a mild laxative effect for me.

And also, I always keep a large jar of 1000mg of ascorbic acid caplets from Wally for backup. Then if I should ever opt to do so, my integrative doctor makes available Vit C IVs in his clinic, but I always just get the ALA IVs, so far anyway.

But just yesterday though, I got a phone call from my integrative doctors assistant explaining to me that our "illustrious" governor had shut down my doc's IV clinic unless prior arrangements are made with a written request and reply. Smells corrupt to me.

Prior to that, I was just there at his Las Cruces, NM clinic right at opening time last week, (no appts have ever been required for IV patients, just walk in at your convenience if during posted hours, provided of course if doctor approved) where the clinic IV room was reduced to half capacity, and got my ALA IV without any fuss, but now I guess all that is changed. OH! and I also went next door to donate WHOLE blood at Vitalant, (formerly UBS/UBD), and no problems with any Coronavirus complications.
    Last edited by grulla; 04-03-20 at 04:36 PM.

Thread Information