Thread: Strengthening Resilience In The Face Of *ovid-19

Default Strengthening Resilience In The Face Of *ovid-19

Long article for anyone wanting to go deeper into why these vitamins are so effective.

Dr Nyjon C Eccles
    April 2 2020

At this time there is no proven effective treatment for Covid-19. Historically, a viral pandemic has led doctors and scientists to focus on finding an effective anti-viral drug or an effective vaccine. Neither of these have been particularly fruitful. It seems this focus is not in the right place especially given the propensity for viral mutations.
    The innate and adaptive immune system is a marvel of complex engineering and it is generally acknowledged that a robust immune status will stand a person in good stead in the face of a viral threat. In this article, I discuss three natural, but scientifically validated ways, that the human immune system can be supported.

Read more: https://www.anhinternational.org/new...aaabe-85014029
    Last edited by Julieanne; 04-04-20 at 08:27 AM.

Default Re: Strengthening Resilience In The Face Of *ovid-19

Excellent article. While aware of how vitamins D3 and C support the immune system, the addition of iodine was new to me. While this and many other articles tout the benefits of individual nutrients for the immune system, I'm reminded of the interplay of all nutrients. These nutrients do not work alone, but require other co-factors to be effective and to do no harm. For example, sustained, high doses of vit. C blocks the body's ability to assimilate copper. Zinc--another immune boosting nutrient--competes with copper for absorption, if taken together. So while vit. C and zinc are great for the immune system, they play havoc with copper, which is essential for enzyme and hemoglobin production and the integrity of blood vessels, helping to prevent aneurysms. On vitamin D3, there's interplay with the other 3 fat soluble vitamins. For example, vit. E significantly reduces the absorption of vit. D3. As for iodine, selenium is needed in order for iodine to work effectively. Bottom line: As we increase various nutrients to help protect us against COVID-19, we need to be cognizant of the potential need to increase/decrease various other nutrients.

Mr Wiz, I thought of you and your excellent research skills when I posted this! Is there a blood test for copper? I have been taking zinc chelate for years, as a couple of times I tested low and it was causing a problem (candida). That went away quite quickly, and I have been taking it ever since.

Farmers here know our soils lack minerals, including zinc, and give cows minerals in the form of a block they can lick. Whenever people say you don't need supplements I remind them of this. Good farmers have a lot of knowledge and we would we wise to listen to them.

Yes, there's a blood test and a urine test to measure the amount of "free" copper in your body. A small amount of copper is stored in the liver, and there's a hepatic test also. I supplement with chelated zinc regularly, but on separate days I also supplement with chelated copper. However, several foods contain lots of copper, like liver, salmon, most seafood (especially oysters), chickpeas, shiitake mushrooms, avocado, and...yes...even coffee. I get plenty of liver, seafood, and coffee. Many foods contain both zinc & copper. The problem is with supplementation. Here's a "very informative" link about all the tests available to measure copper: https://labtestsonline.org/tests/copper

Thanks for finding Dr. Eccles, Julieanne! Stories abound about the recent censorship of articles that promote vitamins and nutritional approaches to disease, and of course in particular to COVID-19. I have posted a lot of these articles on Facebook to raise as much awareness as possible, with two results: a small group that welcomes them, reads them, adopts them And a larger group of very vocal and angry people who denounce and denigrate any approaches outside of the pharmaceutical. In fact, their presence is so strong that I am surprised that to date, none of these articles have been deleted from Facebook.

The usual argument that's presented is that there is no evidence to support the nutritional claims. Of course there is, and one can cite them, but the disbelief and the resistance continue. That's why the clarity of Dr. Eccles' introduction is so important. He manages to successfully define the difference between regular medical practitioners and those who specialize in mechanisms of action of natural agents. After that, who can argue with his expertise? Well done!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Islander, note the heading: *ovid-19. ANH have also had their problems when posting the full name., hence the *.

Oh yes, hard to miss! Google is bowing to big Pharma. Big Pharma does not like competition.

Thanks for this comprehensive coverage of Vitamins D and C plus Iodine via Dr. Eccles' article.

Zinc is another handy warrior in the battle: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2973827/

and for a different take on whether the lung complication caused by COVID-19 is really traditional ARDS or not, this article is valuable in that if traditional treatment for ARDS (ventilation) is used, it may be a poor choice and cause extended damage, I recommend this: http://web.archive.org/web/202004050...t-91182386efcb

sorry, now everything I write is underlined and I can't undo that. It thinks it's all a link.
    Last edited by Islander; 04-09-20 at 02:09 PM.

Islander fix.

Thread Information