Thread: Medicine Knew Of Zinc Cure For Coronavirus A Decade Ago, Failed To Put Into Practice

Default Medicine Knew Of Zinc Cure For Coronavirus A Decade Ago, Failed To Put Into Practice

Bill Sardi
    April 7, 2020

The long-standing bias against natural over patentable synthetic molecules in the practice of medicine has now resulted in the avoidable premature death of thousands of the most vulnerable individuals and the abrupt and near-complete economic collapse of modern society due to an unwarranted over-response by health authorities, political overseers and sensationalist news media.
    The narrow and archaic vaccine-only paradigm to treat infectious diseases has left human populations vulnerable to a highly transmissible and potentially pathogenic virus with no approved drugs or vaccines in place.

Keep reading: https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/04/...into-practice/

Stoneharbor says:
    OF course I'm hoping this is the foot in the door that will open the battle between all of us alternative health advocates and mainstream media supported big Pharma. This could be a great opportunity to let alternative health practitioners openly bring big Pharma to task for their intentional coverup of the effectiveness of supplements in curing dangerous diseases.
    What made the President actually seem to recommend, in the same sentence, "Zinc and Azithromycin are worthy of investigation" to paraphrase the comment?
    I've been reading a lot lately on how nutrients, especially vitamins and minerals that are easily supplemented, are worthy of consideration in battling viruses, including SARS-CoV-2.
    On April 7, 1 day before Trump issued the Z word, this great article was published explaining 10 year old research proving the efficacy of Zinc to cure viral infections.
    Last edited by Islander; 04-09-20 at 01:59 PM.

Default Re: Medicine Knew Of Zinc Cure For Coronavirus A Decade Ago, Failed To Put Into Pract

Just a brief mention that most of us probably already remember: Zinc lozenges to be effective must be zinc acetate. Other forms are available, but are not very effective.

Default Re: Medicine Knew Of Zinc Cure For Coronavirus A Decade Ago, Failed To Put Into Pract

Thank you for the information, Maurya. I don't think I knew there was a difference. Now I have to go look in the cupboard!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Veteran Member

Fascinating, StoneHarbor. Thank you. Nice to see you here, by the way!

Very informative article!! It states, "....an international poll showed that 37% of 6,227 doctors rated the zinc-enhancing drug--chloroquine--as the most effective treatment for coronavirus." This is not a ringing endorsement! Chloroquine's main benefit appeared to be as an "ionophore" for the zinc, helping to get the zinc inside the cell, increasing its ability to kill the virus. But, a drug, like chloroquine, is not the only zinc ionophore. There are several "natural" zinc ionophores that facilitate zinc's intracellular activity. They are: quercetin (found in apples & onions), green tea with EGCG (epigallo-catechin gallate), and resveratrol (mostly in red wine). In supplement form, these 3 natural ionophores when taken with zinc will enhance zinc's virus killing activity.

Key words here: "When taken with zinc".

Coincidentally, this is exactly what I have been doing. I use two combinations of vitamin C that I source from vitacost: one with L lysine and L proline to keep my arteries flexible and cholesterol free; and the other, vitamin C with quercetin, is the one I take multiple times throughout the day routinely, and hourly if I feel the least bit ill. In connection with COVID-19 I see more and more references to quercetin as an effective anti-viral. And I've been taking roughly 100 mg of zinc daily, in divided doses, for macular degeneration. As the restraints are lifted, I fully expect to come down with COVID-19, but I have a positive attitude and expect that my infection will be light.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

As I understand it, quercetin and zinc taken together enhances the ability of zinc to enter the cells. In other words, quercetin acts as an ionophore for zinc. Apparently, zinc--once inside the cell--can stop the virus from replicating itself.

Thread Information