Thread: How Does Sugar Affect Depression?

Default How Does Sugar Affect Depression?

Alex Bell
    April 30 2020

The negative effects of sugar on the body, from obesity to tooth decay, are well-known. Recent medical research is also showing stronger links between sugar consumption and symptoms of depression and anxiety.

Because sugary foods are widespread and popular, understanding this connection is important to maintaining good mental health.
    Keep reading to learn more about the links between sugar and depression, including the latest research on how sugar can affect mood and emotion and how a person can control their sugar intake.

Read more: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...&apid=28940830

Default Re: How Does Sugar Affect Depression?

Oh wow, I had no idea that sugar will affect depression! I always thought it just causes obesity and dental issues. Thanks for sharing this useful info!

Scilover, there is a whole load of side effects from sugar consumption that typically never occur to us. Probably a lot of us are unaware that sugar can also cause higher blood pressure, inflammation, diabetes, and fatty liver disease. It affects the brain in much the same way that cocaine does, and it's actually addictive like cocaine. Don't believe me? Try to abstain from any sugars for a week. Further, because of its sweetness it is added to almost every kind of processed food imaginable, from soups and spaghetti sauces to salad dressings. It's one of the reasons why diabetes is so prevalent in Western societies… Not just in the USA, but with our fast food and processed foods, diabetes is going global. Anyone who is determined to avoid sugar has got to become a dedicated label reader. Anything that ends in -ose is just another form of sugar in disguise.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Scilover, there is a whole load of side effects from sugar consumption that typically never occur to us.
    Now that you mention it, I remember as a kid I drank sweet drinks every single day because I was so addicted to it. It only occurred to me now that I was addicted to it, I just always thought that it was normal. But thankfully I stopped a long time ago already. Thanks for sharing this!
    Last edited by Islander; 5 Days Ago at 09:23 AM.

Thread Information