Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How To Say No If Vaccines Become Mandatory

Default How To Say No If Vaccines Become Mandatory

Richard Enos
    April 29 2020

For those of us who believe vaccines to be unsafe and not properly tested, news coming out that plans are underway to mandate vaccination for COVID-19 is troubling.

Bill Gates, a man who everyone knows has the biggest financial stake in all this, has said that we won’t go back to normal until a vaccine has gotten out to the entire world.
    Many world leaders are ready to follow Gates’ playbook, like Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau who stated, “Normality as it was before will not come back full-on until we get a vaccine for this.”

Read more: https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/04/...mes-mandatory/
    Last edited by Julieanne; 1 Day Ago at 07:04 PM.

Default Re: How To Say No If Vaccines Become Mandatory

As mentioned previously, these ideas are all fine and well for those who are independently wealthy. For those of us who depend upon having a job, or having Social Security or other sorts of retirement income, this all disappears into thin air. I remain afraid.
    Last edited by Julieanne; 1 Day Ago at 07:04 PM.

Julieanne, these are exactly the answers I was looking for but never hoped to find. So there is in fact a legal out. I took notes! This is so good to know!

Edit: Maurya, just noticed your reply above. Having read this has relieve me of most of those fears. It seems like a very workable approach.
    Last edited by Julieanne; 1 Day Ago at 07:05 PM.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurya View Post
    As mentioned previously, these ideas are all fine and well for those who are independently wealthy. For those of us who depend upon having a job, or having Social Security or other sorts of retirement income, this all disappears into thin air. I remain afraid.
    I'm in agreement, for a different reason: We might have an out, legally, but what I fear is that right now there's a huge following of those that push for vaccination, and right now seems to be ready to be at my throat if I want to walk free in the streets, go maskless and, Jove forbid, refuse vaccination. I see a divided crowd with rising hostility over the issue of vaccination as the date approaches, and obviously there will be big-medicine feeding the media which will blanket the masses with "accept the savior, and subjugate the antivaxers".
    Last edited by Julieanne; 1 Day Ago at 07:06 PM.

Knowing what I do about the complex series of processes involved, from identifying the right strain or strains to bringing a completed, safe and effective vaccine to market, it is going to be a matter of years, not months, before anything remotely acceptable will be available. I intend to exempt myself in any case, but I refuse even to consider anything offered before 2021. Remember that in the end, folks, we are talking about the profit motive above and beyond any concern for human health.
    At one point I was an anti-vaxxer advocate on Facebook. No more. Fortunately, a handful of friends is in agreement with me, but that's not helpful because the majority of Facebook friends, including family members, absolutely shred me. Just not worth it. People generally know where I stand and I no longer plan to advocate for my position in public.

The U.S. failed in its last attempt at a mandatory vaccine. In 1976, President Gerald Ford ordered that all Americans be vaccinated with a swine flu vaccine. Bottom line: After only 3 months of vaccinations, the program proved a complete and utter failure, resulting in a couple of deaths and hundreds being stricken by Guillain Barre disease--a neurological disorder in which the immune system attacks the nervous system. Hopefully, we'll learn from history and not repeat this horrible mistake!!

Veteran Member

I'm concerned that some states or cities here in Brazil might mandate a coronavirus vaccine. The city government of Rio has enacted leonine Covid restrictions, including mandatory wearing of masks everywhere but at home. The city also, as I mentioned elsewhere here on HH, pushed (but did not make mandatory) flu vaccines at the beginning of the pandemic, starting with older people. Exactly what shouldn't be done. The latest group to be targeted in the truck drivers.
    Last edited by Julieanne; 1 Day Ago at 07:07 PM.

Vaccines may be required to obtain your "Immunity Passport." That's right, according to a JAMA article, some European countries and Chile are already discussing issuing immunity certifications (passports) to allow individuals to work, etc. And, a number of law professors believe this would be legal. Read more about immunity passports here: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2765835
    Last edited by Julieanne; 1 Day Ago at 07:07 PM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard View Post
    And, a number of law professors believe this would be legal. Read more about immunity passports here: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2765835
    I'll bet a number of other law professors don't believe it would be legal! Also, I saw a video clip in which Bill Gates was touting the immunity and/or vaccination passport idea. It is preposterous, and shows pretty nakedly, in my opinion, how some sectors of society want to use the pandemic to gain more control over us all.
    Last edited by Julieanne; 1 Day Ago at 07:08 PM.

Veteran Member

Also, note how proponents of the certificates/passports recast basic rights as 'privileges', as the article mentions. "Third, the conditioned “privileges” could include a greater range of fundamental civil liberties and opportunities, like freedom of association, worship, work, education, and travel."

The water in the frog pot is almost boiling.
    Last edited by Julieanne; 1 Day Ago at 07:08 PM.

Thank you, Pattypans, for pointing out the typo in the headline. I see that I posted here myself and missed it, so shame on me. At this point there are 11 posts that carry the misspelled title and to be honest, I don't have the time and patience to go back and correct each one of them. If only correcting the OP would automatically correct them all… But sadly, it doesn't work that way, so let's just acknowledge a typo and get on with our lives.
    <deep sigh>
    Last edited by Julieanne; 1 Day Ago at 07:09 PM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    . . . let's just acknowledge a typo and get on with our lives.
    <deep sigh>
    By all means, Islander! No need to sigh.

And I share your concerns about the potential of mandatory vaccines. "Control" is the operative word, and this gives me hope. Here's why: the USA was founded by a group of revolutionaries. They rebelled against the power of the monarchy and liberated the colonies. Now, we are descendants of these very revolutionaries. We cry freedom and liberty, we don't hesitate to gather into crowds and protest. We are quick to resent being told what to do by authority figures (stay at home, wear a mask, sanitize). If a COVID-19 vaccine ever becomes mandatory, I can see two reactions: one, those who live in fear of contagion and will queue up to get the jab, and two, those who will flat out refuse. I am guessing there will be enough of the latter so their trying to punish them all would be impractical and ill-advised.

Veteran Member

I think you may be right, Islander. I certainly hope you are!
    Last edited by Julieanne; 1 Day Ago at 07:10 PM.

Interesting. The suggestion--to place the responsibility squarely on the actual person who is physically administering the vaccine--may be a bit of a challenge. The vaccinator could argue he/she is acting as an agent for the government in administering a FDA (government-approved), government-mandated vaccine. And, in 1986, Congress made it next to impossible to sue a vaccine manufacturer. **However, if one could show that the vaccine was administered incorrectly, like the needle was inserted incorrectly or something, there may be grounds to sue. The Supreme Court ruled in favor of a Vermont woman who was incorrectly administered migraine medication by a physician's assistant at a clinic. The woman sued the clinic and Wyeth pharmaceutical company and was awarded $6.7 million. Read more here:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2697102/
    Last edited by Julieanne; 1 Day Ago at 07:10 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information