Thread: Dairy Rich Diet Linked To Lower Risks Of Diabetes And High Blood Pressure

Default Dairy Rich Diet Linked To Lower Risks Of Diabetes And High Blood Pressure

BMJ
    May 18 2020

Eating at least two daily servings of dairy is linked to lower risks of diabetes and high blood pressure, as well as the cluster of factors that heighten cardiovascular disease risk (metabolic syndrome), finds a large international study published online in BMJ Open Diabetes Research & Care.
    The observed associations were strongest for full fat dairy products, the findings indicated.

Read more : https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0518184910.htm

Default Re: Dairy Rich Diet Linked To Lower Risks Of Diabetes And High Blood Pressure

Thanks for posting. I've seen other studies about the benefits of full fat dairy. However, the conclusion reached in this international study of over 100,000 participants from 21 countries appears to be a bit of a stretch. I reviewed the actual study, and found several items of concern. Most importantly, the study did not adequately account for the huge socio-economic and lifestyle (tobacco use) differences among the 21 countries and the impact these differences may have had on the study's conclusion.

Default Re: Dairy Rich Diet Linked To Lower Risks Of Diabetes And High Blood Pressure

I don't worry about my calcium intake because I consume a lot in the way of cheeses and yogurt. Some are fuller fat than others, but my favorite dessert is some kind of fruit (strawberries, raspberries, peaches, blueberries) and heavy cream. But this is supermarket dairy and consequently not organic. The only time I use fluid milk is when I make fish chowder, which is once every couple of weeks, and for that I do get full fat raw milk from my Amish neighbors.

I think I bragged about it once already, but I'll say it again. As a diabetic who began with an A1c of 8.9, I recently succeeded in bringing it to the rock-bottom, 4.6, with nothing but diet and lifestyle — no pharmaceuticals!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

I have had a lifetime of abusive dairy consumption. Since joining health forums since 2011, I have listened/read to occasional forum comments stating that milk/dairy is only for newborn babies, so since 10/2019 I have not consumed any more dairy, on account of calcification of my carotid arteries, eye floater/flasher with a brief, temporary, and SCARY mini vision stroke in the right eye, and increased BP, with the 60+% blocked right side carotid artery that I had successfully been operated on with the newly FDA approved, minimally invasive, trancarotid artery revascularisation procedure, (TCAR) https://labblog.uofmhealth.org/healt...-recovery-time

And my left side carotid artery is 90+% occluded and not easily and readily operable, even with TCAR. So therefore, I am not enthused by the idea of resuming anymore dairy consumption, and if I did, it would have to be "quality over quantity", meaning raw, grassfed organic, unpasteurized, high fat, high Vit. K, and low calcium with very low occasional consumption....maybe???

Then there is the 75 minute Dr Thomas Levy video lecture, "Death By Calcium" where he reinforces my above thoughts, and states to avoid both dairy and calcium supplementation, as I feel that I get adequate calcium in my diet from leafy greens, sardine bones, etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwi9iZvudXA
    Last edited by grulla; 05-21-20 at 02:04 PM.

I don't know what constitutes abusive consumption of dairy. I haven't drunk fluid milk since I was weaned, but I have my share of cheese, yogurt, sour cream and so forth. Since my ancestry on both sides includes consumers of these very same foods, I think I am in some kind of DNA safety zone.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

As to ancestry as it pertains to dairy product consumption, I refer to the Weston Price study of the people of the Isle of Lewis and what they ate in former times. My people were from one island over, on the other side of The Minch, and I think that I would be pretty safe with a moderate consumption of cheese, yogurt, etc. Much like Islander, I don't consume regular fluid milk.

Thread Information