Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 Incredible Teas That Lower Inflammation

Default 6 Incredible Teas That Lower Inflammation

Natalia Jones, Editor
    27 May 2020

Like food, certain drinks can be considered harmful, whereas others are essential and extremely beneficial for our health. Water is good for us, and sugary drinks are bad, we all know that but what if you’re looking for something more than just hydration? What if you’re looking for a drink that could decrease inflammation in the body and relieve you of the nagging pain and swelling that goes with it? Well, in that case, tea is your best friend, as drinking green tea and various herbal teas regularly can soothe your organs and joints and provide various nutrients capable of reducing inflammation throughout the body. These 6 teas are not only tasty but also particularly suitable for calming the inflammatory processes in the body, be it chronic inflammation or an ordinary cold.

Keep reading: https://www.ba-bamail.com/content.aspx?emailid=33332

➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: 6 Incredible Teas That Lower Inflammation

Good article - thanks Islander. I wonder if any of these are helpful in dealing with a cold? Is the common cold a type of inflammation? I am on my sixth day with a cold, and have been taking a load of vitamin C and oregano oil. It probably helped, as I suffer from COPD, and in the past a cold often led to bronchitis and a couple of times, pneumonia. So it could have been worse. Mucus secretions still clear, so it must have been beneficial.

What worries me most (I guess I am going off topic) is how on earth I caught it, given all the precautions we have been taking. If I can catch a cold I could catch something worse. Not a nice thought.

TBH, I can't remember when I last had a cold, although thinking back to any sick days I might have taken in my last job before retirement, it has to be at least 20 years. Consequently I don't know much about treating a cold, but the fact that the article mentions colds in connection with inflammation suggests that it's pertinent. At the very least, hot liquids will loosen and release phlegm, so I would think hot teas are good.

I am on my fourth day of taking a gram an hour of vitamin C. At no time have I reached bowel tolerance. Clearly my body is using every milligram of that dosage. I don't feel any different or noticed any changes in anything… so I have mixed emotions about whether to continue that level of treatment. Comments from other members welcome!

A gram of vit. C every hour is a lot. According to the Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State Univ., the body fully absorbs up to 200 mg. at one time. Beyond that amount, a fraction is absorbed and the rest is excreted.
    Read it here: http://blogs.oregonstate.edu/linuspa...out-vitamin-c/

I looked at both pages, not much there that was helpful, and further, we are invited to leave questions, but no one answers. If excess C is excreted in the urine, then how does one reach bowel tolerance? I have a friend who reaches bowel tolerance at 1000 mg, a dose that his doctor recommended. I suggest that he break it into two 500 mg doses hours apart to see if it's better tolerated… But at least I know that one person can easily reach bowel tolerance. I have never done so.

I finally reached bowel tolerance on the sixth day, but only looser stools a little more often, not diarrhea. That was taking a gram an hour. Over it now.

I remember reading the transcript of an interview with Dr Pauling in which he said that he personally took 18 g of sodium ascorbate daily. Perhaps if one gradually works up to such a dosage, no ill effects would be experienced.

Maurya: Your mention of Dr. Pauling using "sodium ascorbate" made me curious about other forms, like calcium ascorbate, potassium, magnesium, chromium, zinc, molybdenum, manganese ascorbate, etc. Also, I've often wondered which form of vit. C was most effective: capsules, liquid, pill and/or powder form, and those with, or without, bioflavonoids, etc. Which form is most bioavailable? Well, according to studies by the Linus Pauling Institute, the form of vit. C doesn't much matter. All forms appear to bioavailable. The only significant difference appeared to be with "time-released" vit. C capsules, which were less bioavailable than other forms. Read more here:
    https://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/vita...lemental-forms

***Given that some of these studies were small, I will continue to research others.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard View Post
    ***Given that some of these studies were small, I will continue to research others.
    You might further research liposomal-C for greater bioavailability, which is mentioned near the bottom of your link. "Another formulation of vitamin C, liposomal-encapsulated vitamin C (e.g., Lypo-spheric™ vitamin C) is now commercially available. One report suggested that liposomal-encapsulated vitamin C may be better absorbed than the vitamin in a non-encapsulated form (21)." https://drjockers.com/health-benefit...mal-vitamin-c/
    Last edited by Islander; 06-02-20 at 09:47 AM.

I may/may not have posted here that I was trying a megadose of vitamin C, a gram an hour. I continued for six days, never reached bowel tolerance, finally tapered off on days seven and eight since I saw no advantage. The belief still persists that my body may actually have been utilizing every one of those grams rather than excreting them in urine. That still puzzles me, wondering whether excess is discarded before reaching bowel tolerance.

Islander, you're right that your body could have used most of the C. As you know, vitamin C does not only fortify the immune system, which is why most people supplement with it. It also plays a role in the synthesis of collagen, an essential component of the connective tissue in our body. Vit. C is also needed to build certain nerotransmitters, metabolize protein, and plays vital role in wound healing. Of significance is vit. C's antioxidant role against free radicals throughout the body, and its role to help regenerate other antioxidants, like vit. E. ** Bottom line: vit. C is so critical to so many different functions in the body--in addition to boosting our immune system--that your body may have a very high requirement and did use most of what you consumed. The key is to consume it in doses throughout the day, which is how you did it. So, who knows??

Quote Originally Posted by grulla View Post
    ..."One report suggested that liposomal-encapsulated vitamin C may be better absorbed than the vitamin in a non-encapsulated form
    Yeah, this addresses "absorption," while I focused on "bioavailability." Absorption is tricky because so many factors control how much the body absorbs, primarily digestive issues, like IBS.

Smoking depletes vitamin C.

Quote Originally Posted by Julieanne View Post
    Smoking depletes vitamin C.
    And caffeine, booze, some pharmaceutical drugs & medications, and most forms of "sugar," especially HFCS (high-fructose corn syrup)----all deplete vit. C. **I just learned that vitamin C and sugar (glucose) can use the same transporters to enter the cell. Said another way, vitamin C and glucose compete with each other for absorption. Read more here:
    https://templetonwellness.com/relati...and-vitamin-c/
    https://academic.oup.com/jn/article/130/1/63/4686080

Now that's interesting! Do you remember that I got my A1c down to 4.6 this spring. Now this was before that week of megadosing, but I wonder whether my 4g/day of C played a role in lowering my A1c to that rock bottom level. Still... I've been on the same dosage for years and years, and diabetic for only 11 years, so who knows?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information