Thread: Be Careful What And Where You Search

Default Be Careful What And Where You Search

Rob Verkerk
    June 17 2020

Alessandro had multiple myeloma. He had to decide whether or not to proceed with a second bone marrow transplant. He looked up the research in PubMed and found 4 trials that should have been able to answer his questions, but the data he really needed and that he knew the researchers would have known, wasn’t published. Alessandro isn’t a hypothetical person. We’re referring here to Alessandro Liberati PhD, the Italian healthcare researcher and clinical epidemiologist who founded and directed the Italian Cochrane Centre. Sadly, Alessandro passed away in 2012.

Read more: https://www.anhinternational.org/new...acd9e-85014029

Default Re: Be Careful What And Where You Search

Why? Why this pervasive trend?
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Veteran Member

Near the end of the article is this important bit (emphasis added):

But given the recent revelations of Dr Philippe Douste-Blazy, a cardiologist and former French Health Minister, in an interview on French television who described disclosures made at a recent secret Chatham House rules meeting of experts. He upheld that the editor of The Lancet, Richard Horton, said that his journal and the New England Journal of Medicine were forced to publish a negative study on hydroxychloroquine following pressure put on them by the all-powerful pharmaceutical industry. He described the erosion of science as "criminal".

I wish that the general public could grasp the importance, and the power, of the pharmaceutical industry over our lives. Americans have come to believe that doctors are omniscient and that there are only two means to correcting poor health: drugs and surgery.

But referencing that last paragraph, I have to ask: is hydroxychloroquine helpful or dangerous? I have read "studies" that make the case for both sides. What to believe? If this is a prescription drug, why would the pharmaceutical industry not encourage its use? It seems the more I read, the more confused I become.
    Last edited by Islander; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:39 PM.

BigPharma controls and, in some cases, own our medical schools; controls what is taught; and teaches medical professionals to reach for the prescription pad. But, it's not just BigPharma. Some of our philanthropic foundations (re: Gates) influence and control medical outcomes throughout the world. Together, BigPharma and these foundations control the research, development, and push for more and more drugs & vaccines. Worse yet, they control the media, influencing what we think about health and manages health with drugs & vaccines only. Forget diet, nutrition, and lifestyle. We are being controlled in every way. Once you can control how people think, you control everything they do.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    But referencing that last paragraph, I have to ask: is hydroxychloroquine helpful or dangerous? I have read "studies" that make the case for both sides. What to believe? If this is a prescription drug, why would the pharmaceutical industry not encourage its use? It seems the more I read, the more confused I become.
    I think hydroxychloroquine has been around so long that it's not under patent anymore, and therefore isn't a big moneymaker.

"...and Where You Search." If I link to a website that requests the cookies or any other option, (such as the above) and I can't read around the pop-up window, then I skip it and move on. I believe those option request labels are not very honest, and you're getting more than what you bargained for.

Grulla, I think there's a misinterpretation somewhere. No website "requests" cookies; they all collect and store them and issue a statement, by law, informing you that they do so. You have two options: read the article or not. It's always possible to search for another source on the same story, but all of them will store your cookies. Of course there are other pop-up boxes that will paywall the article. Look at these carefully before logging off. Sometimes they will permit you to "continue without supporting". And again, you can frequently find a free source that covers the same topic.

Well, call it whatever. My point is that I don't click on any of those (cookie or whatever) permission requests unless it's absolutely necessary and I have no other choice. IMHO, those buttons are more than one bargains for.

Thread Information