Thread: Coronavirus May Be a Blood Vessel Disease, Which Explains Everything

Default Coronavirus May Be a Blood Vessel Disease, Which Explains Everything

Dana G Smith
    May 29, 2020

Many of the infection’s bizarre symptoms have one thing in common

In April, blood clots emerged as one of the many mysterious symptoms attributed to Covid-19, a disease that had initially been thought to largely affect the lungs in the form of pneumonia. Quickly after came reports of young people dying due to coronavirus-related strokes. Next it was Covid toes — painful red or purple digits.
    What do all of these symptoms have in common? An impairment in blood circulation. Add in the fact that 40% of deaths from Covid-19 are related to cardiovascular complications, and the disease starts to look like a vascular infection instead of a purely respiratory one.
    Months into the pandemic, there is now a growing body of evidence to support the theory that the novel coronavirus can infect blood vessels, which could explain not only the high prevalence of blood clots, strokes, and heart attacks, but also provide an answer for the diverse set of head-to-toe symptoms that have emerged.

Keep reading: https://elemental.medium.com/coronav...g-2c4032481ab2
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Coronavirus May Be a Blood Vessel Disease, Which Explains Everything

If blood clotting is a potential problem for C19, then perhaps preventatively donating blood my be helpful, something the blood banks encourage, if eligible.
    https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate...-donation.html

I'm in my mid 70s and I have already been donating WHOLE blood to Red Cross in nearby AZ, or Vitalant (formerly UBS/UBD) in NM, for more than 3-4 years now, at least 6 times a year, observing the 56 day (8 weeks) rule, and am a registered card holder for both organizations.

The blood bank always checks my hemoglobin level, and I keep an eye on my ferritin level (among many other parameters) every 6 months at my bloodwork clinic via my integrative doctors prescriptions that insurance pays for.

https://www.ihealthtube.com/video/one-thing-can-cut-heart-attack-risk-75

https://jeffreydachmd.com/2013/04/do...heart-disease/
    https://www.vitalant.org/Donate/Donor-Eligibility.aspx
    https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate...uirements.html

Default Re: Coronavirus May Be a Blood Vessel Disease, Which Explains Everything

After a lifetime of giving blood (I'll be 80 next February) I am no longer able to donate. For the first time, my attempt to give blood this month failed. After eight ER admissions of four days each to treat an intestinal obstruction that no one could find, the IV in my arm destroyed my best vein for donating. They don't like the right vein at all, and now none of the technicians are able to poke that once perfect vein in the left arm.

But I have been taking Nattokinase daily for years (along with vitamin C to keep blood vessel walls supple) to prevent atherosclerosis. Nattokinase is an anti-fibrinogen that prevent clotting. I've been banking on the fact that my history of taking this daily is going to be an asset if and when I am exposed to COVID-19.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    After a lifetime of giving blood (I'll be 80 next February) I am no longer able to donate......
    That's a big concern of mine as well, at what point might I be told the same??? At the very least, I believe that exercising my blood bone marrow process not only helps keep my blood fresh, but it also helps keep the blood reproduction "mechanism" fresh and active as well; "if you don't use it, you can lose it".

Of course, there is mainly the idea of preventing blood clots, that Dr. Jonathan Wright points out in the above video link, as I avoid statins by donating blood, as well as taking nattokinase and white willow bark capsules. And the irony of all that is, if one takes statins they could likely compromise their ability to donate blood as pointed out in the above bloodbank donation eligibility links. Gee, what a coincidence, hmmm.

Last edited by grulla; 5 Days Ago at 10:37 AM.

COVID-19 is not just a blood vessel disease. It is a "full body" disease. As I understand it, the virus primarily attacks by penetrating ACE2 cells. ACE2 cells play a major role in regulating blood pressure, among other things. They are present in virtually every organ of the body. This is why I characterize COVID-19 as a "full body" disease. Although present in virtually every organ, ACE2 cells are more abundant in nasal, lung, liver, kidney, and lymph node tissues. Importantly, ACE2 cells also constitute the inner cellular lining of arteries, veins, and capillaries. To me, this is explains how the virus attacks the blood vessels, hence the description "a blood vessel disease." Keep Reading:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7167720/

[QUOTE=grulla;86662]That's a big concern of mine as well, at what point might I be told the same?/QUOTE]

Grulla, just to clarify, I wasn't "told" anything, and my age has nothing to do with it. Eight IVs in the very good vein of my left arm eventually ruined it. Instead of being a big plump visible vein, it has shrunk and virtually disappeared. The technicians can't manage to get into it and they have given up. The vein on the right side is invisible, no one's even ever tried. End of story.

Thread Information