Thread: Gut Microbiota: Certain Probiotics Could Enhance Immune System To Fight Covid-19

Default Gut Microbiota: Certain Probiotics Could Enhance Immune System To Fight Covid-19

Thailand Medical News
    June 20 2020

Full Title: Gut Microbiota: Hong Kong Researchers Say That Certain Probiotics Could Enhance The Immune System To Fight Against COVID-19

Gut Microbiota and Probiotics: Researchers from Hong Kong are suggesting that one of the many factors as to why some people are more vulnerable to catching a virus and why some get more severe infection than others could be to the state of the gut microbiota. Maintaining a fine balance between good and bad bacteria which indirectly regulates the immune system is critical. Imbalance in gut microbiota (dysbiosis) will make one more susceptible to infections.

Read more: https://www.thailandmedical.news/new...ainst-covid-19

Default Re: Gut Microbiota: Certain Probiotics Could Enhance Immune System To Fight Covid-19

"What appears to be useful in the West may not be as beneficial among Asian populations. This study provides a whole new perspective in the fight against COVID-19. Our probiotic formula is derived from data from the Chinese population."
    If this is the case, it seems that one single probiotic formula will not serve all populations; the formula must be tailored to the ethnicity or the genetics of the population it's intended to treat. And without some sort of test, how do we even know that we have gut dysbiosis?
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Gut Microbiota: Certain Probiotics Could Enhance Immune System To Fight Covid-19

Don't know if I have gut dysbiosis, but I either take a good probiotic every day or drink kefir. I started when I was feeling a bit 'off' - slight tummy troubles, mild depression etc. Worked a treat within a week, so I keep taking them. My son, who actually listens to my health advice (!) also takes them and no longer has the upset stomach and diarrhea he used to. Every day I read more information on how the gut affects nearly every part of the body, so I see it as a form of insurance.

Thread Information