Thread: Warning Of Serious Brain Disorders In People With Mild Covid Symptoms

Default Warning Of Serious Brain Disorders In People With Mild Covid Symptoms

Ian Sample
    July 8 2020

Doctors may be missing signs of serious and potentially fatal brain disorders triggered by coronavirus, as they emerge in mildly affected or recovering patients, scientists have warned.
    Neurologists are on Wednesday publishing details of more than 40 UK Covid-19 patients whose complications ranged from brain inflammation and delirium to nerve damage and stroke. In some cases, the neurological problem was the patient’s first and main symptom.

Read more: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...covid-symptoms

Default Re: Warning Of Serious Brain Disorders In People With Mild Covid Symptoms

Thanks for catching this, Julieanne. I was on my way here to post it!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Warning Of Serious Brain Disorders In People With Mild Covid Symptoms

This is additional proof that COVID-19 is not just a respiratory disease, but an illness that can affect multiple organs all over the body. COVID attacks the body via Angiotensin Converting Enzyme, or ACE2 cells, which are abundant in the nose, throat, & lungs. However, ACE2 cells are also found in the brain, kidneys, prostate, pancreas, liver, & the eyes (eyes = which is why goggles should be worn on airplanes). Recent discovery shows that "some" ACE2 cells are also lined with a protein that further facilitates COVID's entry into the cell; this protein is known as TMPSS2, or Transmembrane serine protease 2. The brain contains both ACE2 and TMPSS2, but the liver, placenta, and bladder do not contain both.
    Keep Reading: https://www.news-medical.net/health/...s-TMPRSS2.aspx

Yet another reason that says this is not just a 'flu, as many keep insisting.

Indeed. In fact, it is such a talented virus that it gives cause to wonder who could have trained it to attack in such a variety of ways and means... As well as teaching it to disappear and reappear for months on end.

I like your term "talented virus." COVID-19 is truly mysterious in so many ways. Given this, I look askance at any prediction of a fully safe & effective vaccine within the next 5 or 6 months. I've read that the fastest development of a safe & effective vaccine took 4 years--for the mumps vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    wonder who could have trained it to attack in such a variety of ways and means.
    Are you implying it was an engineered virus? I don't have any opinion on this, as we still know so little, but the fact that it was found in Spanish and Italian sewage in 2019 makes me curious. I'm keeping an open mind.

I am the last person to entertain conspiracy theories — and every phenomenon not immediately explainable by the known laws of the universe is subject to superstitious speculations. At the outset I was entirely prepared to accept that the coronavirus had leapt from bats to humans. As time went on, and the virus and its successive mutations were carefully examined, we discovered how much we had yet to learn about the ways in which it attacked our various systems, even penetrating the blood brain barrier. I know almost nothing about epidemiology, but I thought most viruses could be characterized as targeting a specific system, say, the respiratory system. This particular virus seems to seek and destroy multiple targets.
    I continue to keep an open mind since there remains a great deal still to be discovered about the nature of this infection. At this point I would not rule out the possibility that a deadly virus had been further engineered, a.k.a. weaponized.

Thread Information