Thread: Are Seed Oils Behind the Majority of Diseases This Century?

Default Are Seed Oils Behind the Majority of Diseases This Century?

Mercola
    July 18, 2020

Ophthalmologist Dr. Chris Knobbe says most chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, high blood pressure, stroke, diabetes, obesity, metabolic syndrome, Alzheimer's disease and macular degeneration are linked to the consumption of processed seed oils......

Continue reading at:
    https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...eneration.aspx Watch Dr. Chris Knobbe video

Default Re: Are Seed Oils Behind the Majority of Diseases This Century?

As far as I'm concerned, that site is no longer credible. It has deteriorated to the point where "fact checked" stories contradict settled science and nothing in the day's featured article can be accepted as accurate. Members who post comments have become increasingly rude, sarcastic and disrespectful in the extreme. In fact it has become a replica of Mike Adams' site only worse, because there are more participants and because some of them remember a time when the site was both reliable and civilized.
    At the moment Julieanne and I are both banned. Her misdemeanor was to attempt to hold with the truth. After weeks of absence, I was so disgusted with what I saw on my return that I wrote a harsh critique at the bottom of the page which I knew would get me thrown out immediately, which it did, and that's fine with me because I have no intention of going back. The funny thing is that a member sent me a private message which I couldn't respond to on site, but it seems that once again I'm able to access it via my smart phone, ha ha, so I was able to reply to her kind words.
    I believe he has been de-platformed on both Twitter and Facebook. I'm not alone in thinking that he has gone off a pretty steep precipice.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

It's too bad, because there was a time, actually for quite a few years, that I got more interesting information from the comments than from the articles. That time has gone. I have not been banned, but hardly ever read his stuff, just because it seems like a waste of time.
    Last edited by Maurya; 5 Days Ago at 06:56 PM.

I agree Maurya. I often got useful info from comments, but no longer. It's all conspiracy theories and insulting responses. The best posters left, probably in disgust at what the site has become. It is also extremely hypocritical of Mercola to complain of censorship ( in two articles) when he censors anyone who might question the topic of the day. Freedom of speech? Forget it!
    Last edited by Julieanne; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:45 AM.

Looking back at all three responses, I feel like the devil's advocate. lol Due to at least two of you responders having potentially serious eye problems, my intention was to bring ophthalmologist Dr. Chris Knobbe's toxic seed oil video to your attention(s).

Perhaps I'll have to research future Mercola guest speakers to see if they have their own accessible Youtube videos of the same matter, in order to circumvent the guest host where ever possible.
    Last edited by grulla; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:29 AM.

To be honest, Grulla, at this point I would be skeptical of the soundness of any video Mercola chooses to post. But just BTW, virtually any video in the public domain is available either on YouTube or Vimeo.

Summary Some vegetable oils are high in omega-6 fatty acids. Scientists have hypothesized that eating too much omega-6 can lead to increased inflammation in the body and potentially contribute to disease.
    Last edited by Islander; 4 Days Ago at 11:25 AM.

Thank you for that summary, scilover. Regulars on this site must all know by now that most vegetable oils are high in omega-6 fatty acids. The ideal ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 is 1:1. The actual ratio among Americans is 1:20 to 24... Which helps to explain why so many are obese and diabetic and suffering from other conditions as well. Fast foods, many of which are deep-fried, probably play a big part in this situation, as does the public's belief that corn oil and canola oil are healthful.

Thread Information