Thread: 99-year-old California woman now world’s oldest flight instructor, pilot

Default 99-year-old California woman now world’s oldest flight instructor, pilot

WTNH Staff
    Jul 27, 2020

Cali. (WTNH) — A 99-year-old California woman is now in the Guinness Book of World Records as the world’s oldest flight instructor and pilot.
    Robina Asti gave her final flight lesson on Sunday. Asti has been teaching people to fly for decades. Her students love her enthusiasm.
    “I love getting people to experience what it is like to lift off this earth. It is so good!” she said.

Continue reading at: https://www.wtnh.com/news/unusual-stories-news/99-year-old-california-woman-now-worlds-oldest-flight-instructor-pilot/
    Last edited by Islander; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:15 PM.

Default Re: 99-year-old California woman now world’s oldest flight instructor, pilot

What a wonderful example she has set! I'm sure there are 1000 reasons why people age well, but a critical one might be having something to live for… a reason to get out of bed every morning. If you always have something to look forward to, every day is a magical experience!

An interesting follow-up read, if you've never seen it, is Buettner's The Blue Zones. While not entirely accurate, it's a great overview of people living active and productive lives to a great age.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: 99-year-old California woman now world’s oldest flight instructor, pilot

Follow-up: today's local weekly hooter arrived this morning, one of those advertising newspapers that also carries community news and events. I always turn first to the obituaries to see if my name is there. Today there were only three deaths. One went to be with her Lord and Savior, one passed away, and the third one actually died. The interesting part is that one was 93, one was 90 and the third was 67. Since the obits rarely include cause of death, we don't know what took away the 67-year-old. I am assuming the other two died of what is called "old age."
    And here I feel compelled to put in a good word for the advantages of living the country life in rural Maine!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information