Thread: Phase 3 clinical trial of investigational vaccine for COVID-19 begins

Default Phase 3 clinical trial of investigational vaccine for COVID-19 begins

NIH (National Institute of Health)
    Monday, July 27, 2020

Multi-site trial to test candidate developed by Moderna and NIH.

A Phase 3 clinical trial designed to evaluate if an investigational vaccine can prevent symptomatic coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in adults has begun. The vaccine, known as mRNA-1273, was co-developed by the Cambridge, Massachusetts-based biotechnology company Moderna, Inc., and the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), part of the National Institutes of Health. The trial, which will be conducted at U.S. clinical research sites, is expected to enroll approximately 30,000 adult volunteers who do not have COVID-19.

Keep reading: https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news...ovid-19-begins
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Phase 3 clinical trial of investigational vaccine for COVID-19 begins

This is a press release, i.e. an announcement; the trial has not yet begun. However, it has churned up a storm on social media because of the names associated with the trial. Bill Gates, who has no medical degree and is simply an enthusiast of vaccination, is not funding this and has no financial risk in the project; he simply supports it. Similarly, Dr. Anthony Fauci is highly supportive, and his enthusiasm helped to secure a substantial financial grant for the project, but he has no financial gain or interest in it either.

But the vaccine itself is a different kind of medicine altogether: germ-line genetic modification has never been approved in humans. One commentor said, "It is bad when Moderna bans participants in the trial from donating sperm or having unprotected sex. Even if you are a staunch believer in vaccines, you need to review the below. What is coming down the pike is a different breed of medicine. Do you really want your children's bodies altered this way, permanently?Theoreticians considerate it both unethical and dangerous."
    Please read on for further information in my next comment.
    Last edited by Islander; 08-11-20 at 04:29 PM.

Default Re: Phase 3 clinical trial of investigational vaccine for COVID-19 begins

Robert F. Kennedy:
    "The vaccine uses a new, untested, and very controversial experimental RNA technology that Gates has backed for over a decade. Instead of injecting an antigen & adjuvant as with traditional vaccines, Moderna plugs a small piece of coronavirus genetic code into human cells, altering DNA throughout the human body and reprograming our cells to produce antibodies to fight the virus.

"MRNA vaccines are a form of genetic engineering called “germ line gene editing”. Moderna’s genetic alterations are passed down to future generations. In January The Geneva Statement, the world’s leading ethicists and scientists called for an end to this kind of experimentation. Moderna has never brought a product to market, proceeded through clinical trials, or had a vaccine approved by FDA. Despite Gates’ investments ,the company was teetering on bankruptcy with $1.5 billion debt before COVID.
    "Fauci’s support won the company an astonishing $483 million in federal funds to accelerate development. Dr. Joseph Bolen, Moderna’s former R&D Chief, expressed shock at Fauci’s bet. "I don’t know what their thinking was”, he told CNN, “When I read that, I was pretty amazed”. Moderna and Fauci launched federally-funded human trials on March 3rd in Seattle.

"Dr Peter Hotez warns of potentially fatal consequences from skipping animal studies. “If there is immune enhancement in animals, that’s a show-stopper”. Dr Suhab Siddiqi, Moderna’s Ex-Director of Chemistry, told CNN, “I would not let the [vaccine] be injected in my body. I would demand: Where is the toxicity data?”

"Former NIH Scientist Dr. Judy Mikovits says it's criminal to test MRNA vaccines on humans. “MRNA can cause cancers and other dire harms that don’t surface for years.” As precautions, Moderna ordered trial participants to avoid unprotected sex or sperm donations & Fauci directed that all COVID vaccines to be protected by blanket immunity."

That last para is truly scary. Even if there were no immediate unwanted affects, who knows what will happen further down the line. Will it affect the next generation? Who knows?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Julieanne View Post
    That last para is truly scary. Even if there were no immediate unwanted affects, who knows what will happen further down the line. Will it affect the next generation? Who knows?
    I'm no scientist, but it seems logical that anything that permanently alters a child's genes will also affect their future children, and on down the line. How could it not?
    Last edited by Pattypans; 08-12-20 at 10:46 AM.

Veteran Member

I just read today that a respected Brazilian research institute is partnering with a Chinese vaccine manufacturing company on testing a vaccine for COVID. They're at phase three, from what I understand, and are going to test it on nine thousand Brazilian health care workers. Doesn't sound good to me.

People are not signing up for Moderna's phase 3 clinical trials at the rate needed. Moderna has only enrolled about 4,500 participants of the 30,000 needed to meet goal's of phase 3 clinical trials. Several experts conclude that the slow pace of enrolling participants will keep Moderna from producing a vaccine by election day. Keep Reading:
    https://bgr.com/2020/08/10/coronavir...sible-experts/

Thread Information