Thread: Note to all: time pressures

Default Note to all: time pressures

Note to all: pressures have piled up on me in the last few days: I'm trying to give away vegetables from an over producing garden to everyone I know, including my doctor, my postmistress and my three librarians. Both my state senator and representative are trying to chase down my missing stimulus payment and I have follow-up numbers and paperwork to pursue. I've had a water problem and couldn't water gardens; today the long promised workmen came and put everything together… Not cheap, but I spent about an hour just watering the orchard garden. And so it goes. What I hope you'll understand is that I am not able to read all the responses, or even all the articles in their entirety, as I usually do.
    Also, I'm about to post a very long article that I myself have only half read, but that seems critical to our pursuit of the coronavirus origin. I plucked it from a Facebook friend's post but I'm not going to post it to Facebook myself until I am satisfied that it either is, or is not, suggestive of a conspiracy or a very definite lab accident.

That's my story and I wanted you to be aware that I'm not dismissing anything here, in fact I'm eager to do the promised upgrade. Things should settle down after the weekend!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Note to all: time pressures

Follow-up to the above:
    After a brief interval of relative peace and leisure, I am in back in the crunch again. In another day or two I should be finished the harvest. I still have beets to can and sunchokes to trim and scrub before bringing them to the Natural Living Center in Bangor, where I sell them. I should have 40 or 50 pounds on this trip and depending how quickly they move, I may have to make a second digging to last until the spring season (sunchokes are a seasonal crop, fall and spring).

But it gets better. I have been selected for jury duty, after having waited a lifetime. I was a registered voter with a drivers license in five states, yet they waited right up to the end of my life to summon me! Since I've been chosen to serve on a grand jury, I can be expected to be called twice a month for a 12-month period. When winter comes it will be no inconvenience at all, in fact I'm sure it will be interesting, but right now it is the worst of times, as the man says. So please forgive my absence while I try to keep up with all these demands. I promise I will be back ASAP!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information