Thread: Bromelain

Default Bromelain

Cory Whelan
    April 2020

Overview

Bromelain is a protein-digesting enzyme mixture derived from the stem, fruit, and juice of the pineapple plant. It has a centuries-long history of being used to treat medical ailments, primarily throughout Central and South America.
    It is currently categorized as a dietary supplement, and generally recognized as safe (GRAS) by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
    Bromelain may be used alone or in conjunction with other medications. People use bromelain topically, to remove dead skin from burns, and orally, to reduce inflammation and swelling — particularly of the nasal passages.
    Bromelain is also used as a digestive aid, for osteoarthritis, and to reduce soreness in aching muscles.

Read more: https://www.healthline.com/health/bromelain

Default Re: Bromelain

Posting this because I have been taking quercetin and bromelain and my back pain has definitely improved. I hope it is more than a coincidence.

This is good news, Julieanne. Quercetin is anti-inflammatory and is known for reducing pain, especially muscle pain. But, I've never heard of the bromelain & quercetin combo. Makes sense given bromelain is also anti-inflammatory, among other things. Do you take them both at the same time?

They come in a single capsule. I assumed it was the bromelain that reduced pain - I didn't know quercetin does also. Quercetin is part of a protocol for prevention of Covid-19. Now I don't know which seems to be helping!
    Last edited by Julieanne; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Julieanne View Post
    Cory Whelan
    April 2020 Overview. Bromelain is a protein-digesting enzyme mixture derived from the stem, fruit, and juice of the pineapple plant..........
    Gosh, ever since I have developed an intolerance for berries and (raw?) nuts, fruits like pineapple, cherries/stone fruit, melons, and others have become more popular with me.

If I can't find fresh pineapple, then I rely on the organic, canned, (that I refrigerate), Native Forest p.a chunks, imported from Viet Nam, from my local food co-op. I sure hope it has significant bromelain and other nutrients, to help restore those protein digestive enzynes. P.A. sure is "addictive" for me, so I gotta watch the fructose count. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af7nxpEQkgw LOL!!!
    Last edited by grulla; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:36 AM.

Thread Information