Thread: Thoughts on Colon Cancer & Chadwick Boseman

Default Thoughts on Colon Cancer & Chadwick Boseman

Dr. Geo
    August 30, 2020

I heard the news about Chadwick Boseman’s untimely and sad death at the young age of 43 from colon cancer.
    He’s known for acting in many excellent movies, including the Marvel movie, the Black Panther. My teenage daughters saw the Black Panther, I did not, and frankly, I did not know of Boseman.
    One of my daughters, a huge fan of his movie, wept when she learned about Boseman’s death to the point that it disturbed her sleep. To me, I just looked at it as a young man who died too soon from this f&$%ing disease.
    Though colon cancer is not my expertise, prostate cancer is, my holistic perspective is that cancer is a systemic problem, not a local one.

In other words, it’s not that there’s cancer in the colon or the prostate; it’s a body that’s “cancering.”

Keep Reading: https://drgeo.com/thoughts-on-colon-...dwick-boseman/
    Last edited by Islander; 1 Day Ago at 08:48 PM.

Default Re: Thoughts on Colon Cancer & Chadwick Boseman

I agree with the doctor, and in fact when I had colon cancer I was practicing every one of his recommendations, both in diet and exercise. Ironically, I had surgery to remove the diseased portion of my colon the very same week that Ruth Bader Ginsberg did. And it's chilling that I should be reading this article tonight, less than an hour after reading of RBG's death from pancreatic cancer. I remember that in the intervening years she had bouts with several other kinds of cancer, ending with the pancreatic cancer that killed her tonight.
    After my surgery, with no chemo or radiation follow-up, no cancer ever recurred. It was caught perhaps weeks or even days before it penetrated the colon wall. My oncologist removed everything in the neighborhood that might have played a role (I'm thinking specifically of lymph nodes). I wonder if in RBG's case, a few cancerous cells escaped, wandered around and inserted themselves into one organ or another. That may be the kind of situation that Dr. G has in mind.

I am in mourning tonight. Ruth Bader Ginsberg was my hero, my guiding light, my tower of strength, my role model, the most powerful and admirable woman I have ever known. She was a force for good… And she leaves a vast and empty hole in my heart that will never be filled. I came to HH to catch up... but not tonight, after all.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Thoughts on Colon Cancer & Chadwick Boseman

I'm happy you had a successful outcome. I recently learned that while men have a higher rate of colon cancer, women have a higher prevalence of "right-side" colon cancer, a deadlier form. Apparently, tumors grow more aggressively on the right side of the colon vs. the less aggressive ones on the left side. Plus, right-side tumors are harder to detect than left side tumors that are easier to spot during early detection screenings.

Thread Information