Thread: President Trump being hospitalized

Default President Trump being hospitalized

I'm watching CBS News right now (4PM MDST) reporting President Trump is on the way to Walter Reed Hospital due to his Covid 19. CBS news correspondent Major Garrett very upset about not being properly informed about the President's and First Lady's health conditions. The President boarded Marine 1 helicopter on his own without any assistance and appears outwardly OK so far.

It's further reported that the President is being given FDA UNapproved Remdesivir,
    Vit D, Melatonin, zinc, and baby aspirin.

He just now (appx 4:30) did a brief live video byte from Walter Reed saying that, "he thinks he's doing OK" and thanked all for their support.
    Last edited by grulla; 10-02-20 at 06:50 PM.

Default Re: President Trump being hospitalized

Before going to the hospital, White House doctors, reportedly, administered an experimental drug called, regeneron. Regeneron is not FDA approved, as it is still a Phase III clinical trial. Regeneron is a cocktail of lab-made antibodies that replicate two antibodies isolated from humans who have recovered from COVID-19. Reportedly, at least two participants in the Regeneron clinical trials have experienced "adverse events," but the company has not released details of these adverse side effects. Leaves me to wonder whether Trump experienced adverse side effects that may have prompted his trip to the hospital??

The media are all full of the stories, nonstop. The rationale for taking the president to Walter Reed was "an abundance of caution." Anyone wishing to follow the progress of the president and the first lady need only check any one of the legacy media. Unless some truly dire event occurs, I see no reason for giving this administration yet more publicity.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Veteran Member

Until recently, no matter what one's political opinions or leanings, pretty much everyone in the country would be interested in and even concerned about the president's health. I'm not arguing that we have to major on it here on HH; just pointing that out.
    Last edited by Pattypans; 10-04-20 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Add an omitted 'the'

True, Pattypans, it is definitely an interesting topic. The problem is that any mention of the president invites caustic opinions from a very divided nation. At the moment we are literally coasting toward outright civil war.
    I meant the above comment in "an abundance of caution" for fear of instigating division and discord here. I'll walk my comment back a bit and say that references to treatments and their success or failure may be instructive. Anything of that nature ought to be harmless enough.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

I'm now watching, at 4:40 PM, the president being released from Walter Reed Hospital, and ready to be flown back to the White House in Marine 1 helicopter.

wont he quarantine in the hospital first?? like staying there, rest a bit then come back.

Not really sure if Trump do have contracted Covid-19 or this was all just to make him get more sympathizers for the coming election. But one thing I know, he is 74 and there's very little chance that he will survive this (if it were all true). I just want to see what's coming next in the news, because not only Americans but people around the world are onto this topic about Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by scilover View Post
    wont he quarantine in the hospital first?? like staying there, rest a bit then come back.
    From what I understand, he is being "quarantined" in the White House. I'm sure he has all the comforts, and more, of home there.

Thread Information