Thread: Possible new organ in the human throat discovered by Dutch scientists

Default Possible new organ in the human throat discovered by Dutch scientists

Katie Hunt and Kristen Rogers
    October 21, 2020

(CNN)It's hard to imagine there is a part of the human body that's gone unnoticed by doctors after centuries of medical research.
    But that's exactly what a group of scientists from the Netherlands believe. They said they have discovered a pair of previously overlooked glands that are hidden away in our skulls where the nasal cavity and the throat meet.
    The medical researchersfirst came across the body part, which they propose naming tubarial glands, during a scan designed to look for tumorous growths. The scientists then looked at scans of the head and neck of a further 100 individuals they were treatingfor prostate cancer and dissected two cadavers -- one male and one female. They all had a set.

Read more: https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/21/healt...ess/index.html
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Possible new organ in the human throat discovered by Dutch scientists

It's only been 17 years since we had a complete genetic blueprint of the human body, thanks to the completion of the Human Genome Project in 2003. We still don't know how many cells make up the human body. Estimates range from 35 trillion up to 100 trillion cells. Who knows? Thanks to a project called "the Human BioMolecular Atlas Program," or HuBMAP, one day we'll have a complete "cellular map" of the entire human body. So, I'm not surprised that medical researchers will continue to find new organs and/or body parts, as advanced technologies and instruments will allow us to go where we've never gone before.

Default Re: Possible new organ in the human throat discovered by Dutch scientists

Which mean we have more organ to care for??? All these organ in me are to hard to care for but then another discovered on new organ. This is cool but..

scilover, I doubt these salivary glands will require much maintenance on your part!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

hahhahaha im sure i dont need to care much but it is cool to have a new organ like " i never knew i had this.."

Thread Information