Thread: The Nigella Effect: Are Banana Skins About To Become A Must-Eat Ingredient?

Default The Nigella Effect: Are Banana Skins About To Become A Must-Eat Ingredient?

The Guardian
    November 11 2020

In her new series, Nigella Lawson uses banana peel as a substitute for aubergine – and Nadiya Hussain’s recipe makes it taste like pulled pork. What’s going on?

Name: Banana skins.

Appearance: Yellow, later brown or black. This is more about its uses though.

Something to slip up on, right? You’re probably going to throw one in here, to make me look silly. Old news. We’ve moved on, times have changed and banana skin has been repurposed.

What do we do with it now? We eat it
    No we don’t! Who does? Nigella does.

Read more: https://www.theguardian.com/food/202...eat-ingredient
    Last edited by Julieanne; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:17 PM.

Default Re: The Nigella Effect: Are Banana Skins About To Become A Must-Eat Ingredient?

Julie, thank you for introducing us to Nigella Lawson. She is on my book list for something to order from inter-library loan as soon as I'm caught up with my book club read for the month. A master cook with a sense of humor: just what I need!

Oh, am I going to try a recipe with banana skins? Not until I buy a hand of organic bananas. Usually I buy the commercial ones because inside their peel, they're protected from pesticides. No, I wouldn't use a commercial banana peel.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: The Nigella Effect: Are Banana Skins About To Become A Must-Eat Ingredient?

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    A master cook with a sense of humor: just what I need! .
    I don't think this was written by Nigella, more likely Nigel Jeffries, who wrote her book review. This is not her style. She is known more for her flirtatious glances at the camera than her sense of humour.

Apparently she is going to have a TV show originating in New Zealand. Since everything seems global these days, I wonder if I would have access to that NZ show. Anyone know?

Haven't they ever shown any of her series in the US? She has made a lot of them, and we are still getting repeats here in Oz. Which doesn't answer you question I know.

I had never heard of her, but that doesn't mean anything. I don't have a television, but that's equally meaningless. Still, kitchen celebrities usually make the news and there are often videos on YouTube, so it seems that if she were being aired here, I would have heard something.
    Other folks out there: hello hello! Can anyone confirm that she does or does not have a series on U.S. TV?

Thread Information