Thread: A rare Covid-19 complication was reported in children. Now, it's showing up in adult

Default A rare Covid-19 complication was reported in children. Now, it's showing up in adult

Erika Edwards
    Oct. 16, 2020

"This needs to be in the forefront of every intensive care unit physician's mind," said one expert.

It was a rash that tipped Dr. Alisa Femia off.
    Femia, director of inpatient dermatology at NYU Langone Health in New York City, was looking at a patient's chart, which included several photos of the 45-year-old man who had, in recent weeks, cared for his wife while she was sick with Covid-19. The man had dusky-red circular patches on the palms of his hands and the soles of his feet. His eyes were pink, and his lips were extremely chapped.
    His body was erupting with the kind of extreme inflammation noted almost exclusively in children at the time.
    "Before I even saw the patient," Femia recalled, "I said: 'This hasn't been reported yet. This must be MIS-A.'"
    MIS-A stands for "multi-system inflammatory syndrome in adults." When the condition was identified in children this spring, it was named MIS-C, with the C standing for "children."

Read more: https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...-it-s-n1243161
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: A rare Covid-19 complication was reported in children. Now, it's showing up in ad

Every week there seems to be yet another health problem associated with Covid-19, yet many are still denying it or calling it influenza. I just don't understand.

Default Re: A rare Covid-19 complication was reported in children. Now, it's showing up in ad

I've been reading similar stories, Julie. Patients are screaming at doctors and nurses to tell them the truth because they will not believe that they have COVID-19. Some of them are still insisting it's a hoax. I've even heard of some who will die on a ventilator without admitting that they had the coronavirus. I just can't get into my head how people can be so far into denial.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Oh I just wish Covid-19 won't mutate so bad that our current vaccine being prepared right now won't have effect on it. This year has been really bad to us, I really hope 2021 will be better than this...

Thread Information