Thread: How things are going in your area?

Default How things are going in your area?

Restaurants in my city has started accepting people inside their facilities not like before that they are only open for online or phone deliveries. Schools has started but only for homeschooling, most of the families are new and a bit overwhelmed on the idea of homeschooling, distant learning, modules, and the like. My own neighborhood are still strict on implementing security and safety protocols inside the village. More and more people are going back to work each day but with worries that Covid-19 cases will rise up again due to everything going back to normal. How about in your area? Is covid-19 treated like an ordinary flue there or people are still getting paranoid with it?

Default Re: How things are going in your area?

Bandsauid, where exactly is 'your area'? Where I live (Australia) it is not treated like an ordinary 'flu, and neither are we paranoid. In my state we are close to back to normal - no local cases in about six months. The only cases are travellers from overseas that are promptly put into quarantine. We are still practicing social distancing, which has become a habit now.

BandsAiud, yes, please tell us where you live. Are you even in the USA? I am in the state of Maine where people have been largely compliant about social distancing and wearing masks, but a few churches have held services or weddings that involved larger gatherings of people and these events caused several outbreaks. Up until then, the number of cases was remarkably low. But Maine has been cautious. Most restaurants continue to be closed for indoor dining although they will offer takeout in many cases. Stores are open but no one is allowed in without a mask, and in some cases the number of people inside at any given time is limited so as to maintain social distancing. And if your phone in an order, they will pack it up for you and deliver it to your car. Both departments stores like Walmart and supermarkets like Hannaford are practicing this kind of shopping experience. It's a big state, so there is no overall rule for school attendance. That's determined by district, although I think most schools are working in person most of the time.

However, the rest of the United States is deeply divided, with many people convinced that COVID-19 is a hoax. It is sad that something as serious as the pandemic has become so politicized that people actually take sides and reject facts. You can read about that elsewhere in this forum today.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Hi, I'm from the Philippines, I'm also keeping myself informed on the current news outside my country especially in US. The elections and the pandemic issues of your country the US @Islander has put everyone's attention around the globe to yours. I'm fully aware that there are almost half? of the americans doesn't believe in Covid-19, like it was all political. Regardless, I thought I should share and leave this article that I've just read for anyone who's been dealt with the most hardships from this past few months and tell you that it's a good thing that we are still alive and there will always be a brighter day waiting ahead of us.

http://sensitivenlpcoach.com/is-your...-the-pandemic/

Thanks for that article, BandsAiud. It's encouraging.
    It's nice getting to know you. I have two family members from the Philippines. My older son married a Filipina and they live in Nevada. My nephew also married a Filipina; they live in Canada and have a lovely daughter, about 5 years old now. To them I am "Tita Islander"!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

I'm currently in Florida. You drive around in the traffic jammed freeways, you forget there's a pandemic. No mask mandates, no shutdowns, beaches get the normal winter crowd (mostly fishermen, joggers, dog walkers, shark teeth hunters), businesses open including Disneyworld and all the other theme parks. Churches open but my church requires masks and we have a recorded choir. Tons of signs everywhere reminding us to keep 6 feet apart. We had about half the crowd for Halloween compared to last year.

My husband, who works fixing computers at the big bank is still working from home - I don't think he's going to go back to working at the office because his boss realized they can save lots of money selling the IT offices. My high school kid has been in school since start of the school year like normal except for they wear masks and have plexiglass around their desks... which I think is useless because he and his friends still huddle together in a group at lunch and they still go to each other's houses for study and games.

Where you get reminded that there's a pandemic going on is when you see the pro football stadium empty and the movie theaters showing only a couple of new movies and a bunch of old classics.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Thanks for that article, BandsAiud. It's encouraging.
    It's nice getting to know you. I have two family members from the Philippines. My older son married a Filipina and they live in Nevada. My nephew also married a Filipina; they live in Canada and have a lovely daughter, about 5 years old now. To them I am "Tita Islander"!
    Whoa, it's nice meeting you Tita Islander . Isn't it sweet calling you aunt in another language by your in-laws? If you want, you can let them call you Nanay Islander (Mom). Btw, I hope this pandemic will be over soon, I'm sure everyone is missing someone in their life now so I'm praying that the vaccines will work 100% without any issues. I just want this pandemic to finally end and so we can get on with our lives.

Thread Information