Thread: What the Covid Vaccine Hype Fails to Mention

Default What the Covid Vaccine Hype Fails to Mention

Gilbert Berdine, MD
    11/24/2020

Pfizer recently announced that its covid vaccine was more than 90 percent “effective” at preventing covid-19. Shortly after this announcement, Moderna announced that its covid vaccine was 94.5 percent “effective” at preventing covid-19. Unlike the flu vaccine, which is one shot, both covid vaccines require two shots given three to four weeks apart. Hidden toward the end of both announcements, were the definitions of “effective.”

If you read nothing else, please skip to the bottom and read this section in the penultimate paragraph:
    "....I have asked a number of my colleagues whether they will be first in line for the new vaccine. I have yet to hear any of my colleagues respond affirmatively. The reasons for hesitancy are that the uncertainties about safety exceed what they perceive to be a small benefit. In other words, my colleagues would prefer to take their chances with covid rather than beta test the vaccine. Many of my colleagues want to see the safety data after a year of use before getting vaccinated; these colleagues are concerned about possible autoimmune side effects that may not appear for months after vaccination."

Keep reading: https://mises.org/wire/what-covid-va...-fails-mention
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: What the Covid Vaccine Hype Fails to Mention

I have been observing the words being used in heavy rotation, such as "vaccine hesitancy", or being "nervous" about the vaccines. This seems to imply that people can be persuaded (or coerced) into changing their minds and being willing to be vaccinated. As well, the party line seems quite explicit that people who are unwilling to be vaccinated are ignorant, are uneducated, and are blindly following some rube on social media without engaging any critical abilities in their own study. In my experience, all of this is quite far from the truth.

A lot of miscellaneous news and opinion finds its way to my inbox or Facebook feed, but practically nothing on this topic.… So little in fact, that I have no comment to make!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

I never knew, we have to take the vaccine twice. And with what the article has to say, and until there's no clear reports about vaccine testing, I'll better wait for a year before deciding of taking it.

Thread Information