Thread: No Link Between Milk And Increased Cholesterol - Study Of 2 million People

Default No Link Between Milk And Increased Cholesterol - Study Of 2 million People

University of Reading
    May 24 2021

Regular consumption of milk is not associated with increased levels of cholesterol, according to new research.
    A study published in the International Journal of Obesity looked at three large population studies and found that people who regularly drank high amounts of milk had lower levels of both good and bad cholesterol, although their BMI levels were higher than non-milk drinkers. Further analysis of other large studies also suggests that those who regularly consumed milk had a 14% lower risk of coronary heart disease.

Read more: https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0524092030.htm

Default Re: No Link Between Milk And Increased Cholesterol - Study Of 2 million People

Isn't it time finally to put this erroneous dietary cholesterol hypothesis to bed? The human body produces the quantity and the quality of cholesterol it needs, regardless of the actual cholesterol contained in the dietary intake. The human body is so much more complex in its interaction with its environment, with endless feedback loops, than the overly simplistic views which were in vogue at an earlier time, prior to our increased understanding.

Default Re: No Link Between Milk And Increased Cholesterol - Study Of 2 million People

All doctors should be aware of this by now but sadly, many are not. I know several people who are still on statins and of course, without the right letters after my name, my advice carries no weight. But there's another side to this question: the marketplace. The food industry embraced the low-fat doctrine a generation ago and now has so much invested in low-fat products and yolkless eggs that I can't visualize them ever walking that back.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Re milk, if consumers stop buying low fat, they would stop producing it, as there is usually a choice. Other products not so much - low fat or nothing.

But low fat products are usually processed foods, which I don't buy in the first place. One exception that comes to mind — but it's dairy again — is yogurt. I prefer full fat but I'm sure low fat probably moves as well.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

re: Yogurt. This is a sample from one small island. I prefer full fat organic plain yogurt, as do several of my local friends. We have located ONE store which sometimes carries this, and have a network of texting each other if and when it is in stock. We each have asked this store to order our favorite yogurt, and sometimes it shows up. We have expressed to them that if they have it available they will sell all of it. Every Tuesday, when the container is unloaded, we stand around like vultures, watching scads of low fat and no fat yogurt being put on the shelf, along with the various flavored yogurts. The ships come in once a week, and if one's favorite foods are not there, one can go piss up a rope until next week or the week after.

With any luck, the goats who now have their kids, will allow my favorite goat milk yogurt to be made and available again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    processed foods, which I don't buy in the first place. .
    Me neither, but I do see products in the supermarket and read labels. Just interested in what's out there.
    Last edited by Julieanne; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:47 AM.

Thread Information