Thread: 9 Natural Sleep Aids That May Help You Get Some Shut Eye

Default 9 Natural Sleep Aids That May Help You Get Some Shut Eye

Alina Petre
    July 8 2021

Getting a good amount of sleep is incredibly important for your health.
    Sleep helps your body and brain function properly. A good night’s sleep can help improve your learning, memory, decision-making, and even your creativity (1Trusted Source, 2, 3, 4).
    What’s more, getting insufficient sleep has been linked to a higher risk of conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, and obesity (5).
    Despite this, sleep quality and quantity are at an all-time low, with more and more people experiencing poor sleep (6Trusted Source).
    Keep in mind that good sleep often starts with good sleep practices and habits. However, for some, that’s not enough.
    If you require a little extra help to get a good night’s sleep, consider trying the following 9 natural sleep-promoting supplements.

Read more: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...740408e9475469

Default Re: 9 Natural Sleep Aids That May Help You Get Some Shut Eye

I seem to go through cycles of insomnia followed by cycles early and refreshing sleep. I wish there were a discernible pattern but there isn't. I have tried magnesium, tryptophan, melatonin, Sleepytime tea, and lavender. At one time I had tried Valerian but it smelled and tasted like dirty socks and I don't think it induced sleep any better than any of the other supplements I've used. I routinely take ginkgo biloba daily and don't expect it to make me drowsy. In other words, of all the suggestions I've read and tried, there hasn't been a single one that has reliably induced sleep for me.

Now, one curious thing happens. At some point in the early evening, around 845 or 9 PM, I begin to yawn... Almost every night. If I prepare for this by removing my hearing aids, changing into my night shirt and slippers, letting the dog out and turning the rest of the house lights off — in other words, if I prepare for this yawning spell which lasts less than five minutes, and climb into bed immediately — I will go to sleep. It lasts only a few moments and if I don't take advantage right away, I will toss and turn for the rest of the night. Now figure that out!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: 9 Natural Sleep Aids That May Help You Get Some Shut Eye

I have no answer to this conundrum, Islander. Something similar takes place with me. I wish I knew.

Thread Information