Thread: Vitamin K2: Could The Power Vitamin Help To Reduce Alzheimer’s Disease Risk?

Default Vitamin K2: Could The Power Vitamin Help To Reduce Alzheimer’s Disease Risk?

Jessica Knibbs
    July 24 2021

VITAMIN K2 is another powerful vitamin needed for healthy bones. However, recent research suggests it could be used to help reduce Alzheimer's risk.

Some science research and clinical studies have connected vitamin K2 to factors involved in Alzheimer’s disease pathogenesis. In fact, there is a growing body of evidence demonstrating that vitamin K2 has the potential to slow the progression of Alzheimer’s and contribute to its prevention. How?

Read more: https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...educe-risk/amp
    Last edited by Julieanne; 08-20-21 at 06:42 AM.

Default Re: Vitamin K2: Could The Power Vitamin Help To Reduce Alzheimer’s Disease Risk?

This is true. I'm taking K2 from the brand Carlson, it's 5mg and it's soy-free as well.
    Last edited by Julieanne; 08-20-21 at 06:43 AM.

Default Re: Vitamin K2: Could The Power Vitamin Help To Reduce Alzheimer’s Disease Risk?

Oops! Didn't finish the heading - fixed now.

BandsAiud, are you sure about the 5mg? Mine is 150mcg, which I believe is the normal dose - 100-150. Check the label.

Checked the label, and mine does not give a total dose for the three kinds of K-1/K2, but I added up the portions and the total came to 4800 µg... If that helps.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

You have to scroll down a fair way to find this. I've looked at a number of articles which all seem to recommend similar dosages.

'Vitamin K2 Dosage for Osteoporosis
    The Vitamin K2 dosage recommendations differ for MK7 and MK4 — the two most common Vitamin K2 subgroups.

Vitamin K2 MK7 Dosage Recommendations

The 2013 study in the Netherlands discussed above (7) used a dosage of 0.18 mg/day (180 µg/day) of Vitamin K2 Mk7 supplements.
    In his book, Vitamin K2: The Missing Nutrient for Heart and Bone Health, Dr. Dennis Goodman, a cardiologist in New York City, also recommends between 150 to 180 µg/day of MK-7 Vitamin K2 (15).

https://melioguide.com/osteoporosis-...-osteoporosis/
    Last edited by Julieanne; 09-01-21 at 03:04 AM.

'The Vitamin K2 dosage recommendations differ for MK7 and MK4 — the two most common Vitamin K2 subgroups.'

I looked a bit further into this, and the Carlson brand is vitamin k2 MK4. It is less bioavailable than MK7, so you have to take a higher dose. Islander, I don't know what brand you are taking, but the same may apply to you. I'm taking Doctor's Best MK7, 100mcg.

For what its worth, I have been taking a vitamin K blend from Life Extension with a total of 3735 mcg.

And that's close to my total from vitacost.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information