Thread: Checking in again

Default Checking in again

Every two or three days, the administrator (that's me) checks for new member applications. I always pay attention to how many visitors are online at that particular moment. Tonight the number was 387 — not the highest historically but still, fairly heavy traffic… Especially considering that none of them is interested in joining or commenting. I think that's sad!

It also affects the site in another way. You may notice that there is no advertising here to interrupt the flow of ideas. That is my choice. It means I sacrifice income intentionally. I dislike commercials or advertising in any form, and especially on health sites where one is apt to find spammy miracle cures that have no business here.

But hosting a website does not come cheap. I am on a fixed income. The cost for the domain name and the host are not free, they come out of my pocket… And yours. Some of the newer members may not understand that you are the support for this site — your donations pay the bills.

If you're like me, your email is packed with begging letters. Everybody wants a donation, everybody needs a boost, everybody has a goal, everybody's got a deadline. But it's been a long time since I've asked, a long time since there's been any income... so I'm taking a moment to ask for your help. If you think you get value from Hawkes' Health, please use PayPal or whatever method is convenient for you to give what you can — $25, $10, $5, whatever you can. Every little bit helps! And thank you!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Checking in again

The crowds keep coming. 374 this morning. Sadly, no new posts, no donations. Continuing low participation and lack of income will threaten the future of this site.

Please check your mail box, mailed 23 September.

!Wow. Thank you, Maurya but I don't know whether to blame DeJoy or the service from the Virgin Islands. Empty mailbox blues!

Thread Information