Thread: The Purges Have Begun

Default The Purges Have Begun

BY JEFFREY A. TUCKER
    SEPTEMBER 28, 2021

How this began: The virus was here (the US) already for months from 2019 and life went on normally. Once the consciousness seeped in and the politicians panicked, we moved quickly from travel restrictions to lockdowns to mask mandates to domestic capacity restrictions to vaccine mandates. Somewhere along the way, we learned to classify people by profession, stigmatize the sick, then finally to demonize the noncompliant. It’s been 20 months of intensified controls, driven by political leaders from both parties, with precious little dissent from media organs.

The pace has been furiously fast but somehow just slow enough that people and media personalities adjust to the new, the cycle proceeds, last week’s shock becomes this week’s normal, and then politicians scramble to create the next big intervention, covering previous failures with new nostrums, all while ignoring or censoring opposing views.

Read more here: https://brownstone.org/articles/the-purges-have-begun/?

Default Re: The Purges Have Begun

While I appreciate the position that vaccine mandates have placed on many employees, I'm skeptical about the intensity and borderline paranoia of this article. I wanted to verify it on media bias/fact check but it has not been reviewed there. It isn't so much the emphasis that the story places on those who have lost a job; the fact is that it doesn't comport with other sources I read, in which the numbers are far far smaller.

Excerpt from a NYTimes story this morning:
    "Many vaccinations, few firings
    "We are now living through this cycle again. The deadline for many workplace mandates arrived this week, often requiring people to have received a Covid-19 vaccine or face being fired. In California, the deadline for health care workers is today.

As was the case with Washington’s army, the mandates are largely succeeding:

• California’s policy has led thousands of previously unvaccinated medical workers to receive shots in recent weeks. At Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, about 800 additional workers have been vaccinated since the policy was announced last month, bringing the hospital’s vaccination rate to 97 percent, according to my colleague Shawn Hubler.

• When New York State announced a mandate for hospital and nursing-home staff members in August, about 75 percent of them had received a shot. By Monday, the share had risen to 92 percent. The increase amounts to roughly 100,000 newly vaccinated people.
    • At Trinity Health, a hospital chain in 22 states, the increase has been similar — to 94 percent from 75 percent, The Times’s Reed Abelson reports. At Genesis HealthCare, which operates long-term-care facilities in 23 states, Covid cases fell by nearly 50 percent after nearly all staff members had finished receiving shots this summer.

Often, the number of people who ultimately refuse the vaccine is smaller than the number who first say they will. Some are persuaded by the information their employer gives them — about the vaccines’ effectiveness and safety, compared with the deadliness of Covid — and others decide they are not really willing to lose their jobs.

A North Carolina hospital system, Novant Health, last week suspended 375 workers, or about 1 percent of its work force, for being unvaccinated. By the end of the week, more than half of them — about 200 — received a shot and were reinstated.

Of course, 175 firings are not nothing. (A Washington Post headline trumpeted the story as “one of the largest-ever mass terminations due to a vaccine mandate.”) United Airlines said this week that it would terminate even more employees — about 600, or less than 1 percent of its U.S. work force.

These firings can create hardship for the workers and short-term disruptions for their employers. But those disruptions tend to be fleeting, because the percentage of workers is tiny. “I’m not seeing any widespread disruptive effect,” Saad Omer of the Yale Institute for Global Health told The Times.

And the benefits — reducing the spread of a deadly virus and lowering the chances it will mutate dangerously in the future — are large."
    Last edited by Islander; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:47 PM.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Veteran Member

I don't think the article is paranoid, borderline or otherwise. As far as intensity, I believe that medical freedom (as well as all other kinds) is worthy of being intensely defended, and I wish more people would do so. Do you think it's a good thing that people who refuse to be vaccinated will lose their jobs, and with the government's blessing? And not only its blessing, but actually at the government's behest? I'm dumbfounded.

As far as the NYT article's emphasis on the supposedly small numbers of people mandates affect, I have two points.

1. Many of those who 'gave in' and got vaccinated obviously did so in order to not lose their jobs, so that they could feed their families. The NYT admits this as we see above. (The Brownstone article also mentions this.) Surely this is nothing to crow about! How can it possibly be considered a victory?
    2. If even one person is stripped of his bodily/medical autonomy--whether induced to do so with threats of losing work or by other means--that is one person too many. How can this not be cause for alarm?
    Last edited by Pattypans; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:56 PM.

I feel strongly that no one should be coerced into having a chemical of any kind, and especially an experimental drug, introduced into their body without their informed consent. This is one of several reasons why it wasn't until last Friday, September 24, that I had the Pfizer vaccine. To be extreme about it, such an action would be in violation of the Nuremberg code.
    But as always, there are two sides to any question. The side that justifies vaccine mandates is that for two years the world has been consumed by a deadly pandemic, and with constant mutations like the D variant emerging, there is no visible end to this plague. Right now in the USA hospitals are filled to overflowing with COVID-19 victims and the vast majority are unvaccinated. That in itself is evidence, if any further was necessary, that vaccines are effective in slowing and even halting the progress of this pandemic. Sometimes the lesser of the two evils is still evil, but this is a situation in which there is truly no choice.

Veteran Member

I don't understand how your opinion that 'there truly is no choice' (with which I disagree) comports with your belief that no one should be 'coerced into having a chemical of any kind, and especially an experimental drug, introduced into their body without their informed consent' (with which I agree--and yes, it does contravene the Nuremberg Code.)

I heard a working nurse say that the influx of supposed unvaccinated Covid cases is not that at all. In her hospital, at least, the majority of those hospitalized have been vaccinated. That could be true in many other cases as well. Government statistics from Israel (the government of which is pro-vaccine) bear this out.

Mandating health care professionals to be vaccinated is causing/will cause many to lose their jobs. How does that help care for the sick? Besides, it is now known that the 'vaccines' are not good at preventing transmission, as the director of the CDC states here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=045JjoQdLhQ

There is a choice, and each person should be free to make it without fear of consequences for making what the powers that be consider the wrong choice.

Then we will have to agree to disagree, Pattypans.

In recent years, reading all these various health articles, even before the Covid matter, I was made aware of other vaccine issues, such as the nasty adjuvants of aluminum and mercury vaccine contents, so I'll refrain from vaxxes as long as possible, and hopefully rely on my healthy gut immune system...and masks .
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/2021/10/...with-impunity/
    Last edited by grulla; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:55 AM.

People have a hard time believing this, but it's true. Sometime in middle age I put a digging fork through my foot and had to get a tetanus shot. Other than that, I had no vaccine from smallpox going forward... Until last week when I finally broke down and got the Covid jab. Never had a flu shot, never had the flu.

Thread Information