Thread: Natural Immunity Vs Vaccines

Default Natural Immunity Vs Vaccines

New York Times
    October 13 2021

As vaccine mandates roll out, a national debate has been brewing about whether the rules should apply to those who have so-called natural immunity from a previous coronavirus infection.

Politicians, athletes, law professors and psychiatrists have all weighed in on the dispute, which revolves around the central question: Do people who have had Covid really need the vaccine?

My colleague Apoorva Mandivilli recently set out to answer the question, and found that — like nearly everything about the virus — it’s very complicated.

https://messaging-custom-newsletters...8b0e20e9725adc
    Last edited by Julieanne; 10-18-21 at 10:13 PM.

Default Re: Natural Immunity Vs Vaccines

No surprises here. I do have to add that high levels of both vitamins C and D help build immunity and resistance to infection. Social media are inclined to dismiss statements like that as misinformation or even disinformation, but the fact remains that they are part of what supports our body in consistent good health.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    No surprises here. I do have to add that high levels of both vitamins C and D help build immunity and resistance to infection. .....
    Even though I spend a lot of time outdoors, I haven't had much time to do the dedicated safe tanning routine that I used to do. So last winter when I saw (again) a slow downward trend on my 25HydroxyD bloodwork test, at 58 ng/ml, (down from 68 ng/ml), I decided to double up on my Vit D3 consumption of 5000 IU, with one capsule at IF (intermittent fasting) breakfast, and the 2nd capsule of 5000IU at my last noontime IF meal of the day. Last week, I got my most recent bloodwork report back from my integrative doctor, and I almost fell off my chair when I saw that my 25HydroxyD results had jumped up over time from 58 to 101 ng/ml...wow!!!

LOL! I reached 108 one Summer just by weeding nude in the garden in the noontime window. Sometimes you get in the zone, you know? And you lose track of time, and what began as 20 minutes turns out to be an hour and a half! It's been at a steady 82 all this season, right where my doctor likes it to be.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

I don't have a way to get this tested where I live, but I figure I might be OK as I am outdoors most of the day, live in the tropics, and drive a convertible with the top down unless it is raining.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurya View Post
    I don't have a way to get this tested where I live,...
    Perhaps this facility might be helpful. https://www.stcroixlab.com/

Best to do and review with a doctor's lab prescription, with only the necessary itemized test requirements, (including your 25HydroxyD test for your Vit D ng/ml level) and with other basic blood tests, with insurance, so you get the right test results that you need, and don't wind up overpaying out-of-pocket if it comes to that.

From what I have been told by UHC Medicare management, Medicare will allow for at least four routine bloodwork tests per year, (and perhaps more if required under adverse health conditions???).

However, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to just walk into that lab and simply request ONLY the 25HydroxyD test and ask what your out-of-pocket cost would be??? But I did that once quite few years ago, and got badly overcharged, so best to let the insurance and/or doctor regulate that bloodwork test request.

And Dr.M. always claims that your Vit D blood test results should optimally be between 40-60 ng/ml.
    Last edited by grulla; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:33 PM.

Thread Information