Thread: Why You Should Upgrade Your Face Mask To An N95

Default Why You Should Upgrade Your Face Mask To An N95

Chas Danner
    December 30 2021

Seriously, Upgrade Your Face Mask, Omicron is everywhere. Dr. Abraar Karan explains why cloth masks don’t cut it.

Throughout the pandemic, wearing a face mask has been one of the best ways that anyone can easily reduce their risk of catching or spreading COVID-19. Putting aside the often contentious debate over mask mandates, face masks remain a crucial and effective individual tool, which is why it continues to be frustrating that most people, two years in, are not wearing better masks. That’s due in large part to how public health officials have mishandled the issue, including by giving mixed messages about whether to wear masks and which ones to use.....

Read more: https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021...to-an-n95.html
    Last edited by Julieanne; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:34 PM.

Default Re: Why You Should Upgrade Your Face Mask To An N95

Coincidence? A few hours before finding this, I had spent some time online looking for a mask that would best handle smoke in the event of a bush fire. Turns out KF94 is best for both smoke and viruses. Must be made in Korea, not a Chinese imitation. Not as expensive as I had assumed, and far more comfortable than cloth masks, which drive me crazy.

Our indoor mask mandate ended last night, but could well return now we (in Western Australia) are opening up the borders. And who knows what other viruses might appear in the future?

I had suggested on the Mercola forum that one might try periodically spraying their mask with hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) to not only disinfect the mask, but to also, at the same time, inhale those H2O2 vapors from the wick-like mask to help fend off Covid.

I have not yet had the opportunity to try it, but want to pass that suggestion along for others to try. Wally sells an 8 oz flat squeeze spray bottle of H2O2 in their pharmacy for a "whopping" $1.36 USD, which is flat and small enough to fit in one's large coat pocket or handbag.

https://www.spiritofchange.org/nebul...-for-covid-19/
    Last edited by grulla; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:51 PM.

When we met last month, after a long drive for both of us, my son (the one with the 18 month old child) offered me a box of N95 masks. He has been super cautious and over-reacting from the beginning out of concern for his child, the first and only one they will have. I refused, because he seems to feel they are imperative for him and his wife, whereas I do just fine with my cloth masks. I do not live in fear. People here are relatively compliant, virtually everyone is masked inside any store or pharmacy, our cases are among the lowest in the nation and those who are hospitalized are nearly 100% unvaccinated. I was vaccinated more to be able to visit my youngest grandchild, but when I look around, I'm actually glad I did so. TBH, I see no need to spray my mask with disinfectant or to inhale it myself. I'll reserve that eventuality for if and when I ever become symptomatic.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information