Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ivermectin In Oklahoma

Default Ivermectin In Oklahoma

Attorney General O"Connor Assures Oklahoma Physicians Are Not Prohibited From Prescribing Off-Label Medicines To Fight Covid-19

Dr John Campbell
    February 15 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56gG_OD9KjM

Default Re: Ivermectin In Oklahoma

Off label uses for drugs in general never has been a problem until this specific illness became attached to one's political leanings. Sad!

I have read articles published in scientific journals that take both sides of the ivermectin issue. I don't really care. I seriously doubt that medication designed for livestock to destroy parasites is also fit for consumption by people who are housing a virus. Trust me, I've used ivermectin on sheep for years and nothing on the label suggests that I may try it to clear my intestines of unwanted guests. But you know as well as I do that there is always a significant group of underwater folks who are going to go along with every conspiracy theory they read, so let them have at it.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Oxford University is conducting a trial which goes till September 2022. There is some strange talk of it being stopped, but this video from Dr John Campbell attempts to clear that up. So I wouldn't call it a conspiracy theory just yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9bgCG5WgTQ

Dr Campbell often starts off his talk by summarising the content for those who don't want to watch the whole video. In this case it's worth watching the whole thing, as it's a rather confusing issue.
    Last edited by Julieanne; 02-17-22 at 09:13 PM.

Look, I don't know who or what it was first designed for, but there is Ivermectin for HUMAN BEINGS! You can buy it over-the-counter here, and in other countries as well, and HUMAN BEINGS have been taking it to get rid of parasites for decades, with basically no adverse effects. Follow the money as to why anybody would lie about and fight tooth and nail against a perfectly fine medicine that could keep people out of the hospital and help them get better.

As soon as I can, I'll find a little thing I have about why they think it works for Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattypans02 View Post

As soon as I can, I'll find a little thing I have about why they think it works for Covid.
    That will be interesting Patty. Sorry to be political, but the fact that it was recommended by Trump immediately put me off the idea of accepting it as a cure. He made so many absurd statements that some gave up believing anything he said - rather like the boy who cried wolf. Mercola then pushed it; his site has now become a haven for conspiracy theorists, so again, I ignored it.

But there seems to be more and more evidence that it is effective, so I am coming round. The problem with not being prescribed by doctors meant that people were self-medicating (buying the animal product) and overdosing. So a scare campaign followed and the whole idea of using Ivermectin was crushed. The vaccine manufacturers were so intent on pushing their product it was seen by many as the only thing that would help. As you say, follow the money.

5 days ago: Further evidence. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfyOihhAD4A It's worth reading some of the comments under the video.

Several countries are in the process of clinical trials: https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/r...&Search=Search
    Last edited by Julieanne; 03-12-22 at 08:03 AM.

If the human product hadn't been disallowed, nobody would've bought the animal product. As far a automatically dismissing something recommended by somebody you don't like, I think that's not a very wise way to decide.

Patty, it was not about liking or not liking. The man told so many lies a running total was kept that went into thousands. He would deny making a statement that was clearly on tape for anyone to see and hear. If someone consistently lies, when do you trust them to tell the truth? Same for Mercola, whose followers make some pretty crazy claims, stirred up by his articles. I prefer to go with the science, which seems to be on the fence about Ivermectin ATM. More studies are ongoing, so we will have to wait and see.

Here’s what I understand about how Ivermectin works against coronavirus.

It’s an ionophore [a compound that facilitates transmission of an ion (as of calcium) across a lipid barrier (as in a cell membrane) by combining with the ion or by increasing the permeability of the barrier to it, according to Merriam-Webster.com]. It helps zinc, which is an anti-viral, pass through cell walls. (So you take zinc as part of the Ivermectin protocol, too.)

Ivermectin also interferes with the mechanism of propagation of viruses. There are at least 60 peer-reviewed studies showing that Ivermectin works as an anti-viral. Not sure whether any deals specifically with the Chinese coronavirus.
    Last edited by Pattypans02; 03-20-22 at 03:40 AM.

Julieanne, I suspect your 'thousands of lies' comments veers into the politics we're not supposed to discuss here, which is why I won't respond to it.

Depending on who you are and who one listens to, I contend that most any and all controversies and debates start off as conspiracy theories. At least some of these theorists get your attention and awareness, and help put you on your toes, the opposite of being an ostrich with your head in the ground.

As for HH forum politization, I believe that in this day 'n age, it is unavoidable discussion, as long as you are appropriate by relating it to health matters and TRYING to avoid partisanship. For instance, just look at how many email bulletins with petitions that we get and post here from Alliance for Natural Health (ANH) asking us to protest unnecessary government abuse of vitamin and supplement regulation through legislative actions, and to inform our congress people.
    Last edited by grulla; 03-18-22 at 12:02 PM.

Well I'll be twitched. "USA Clears Ivermectin For Human Use"
    https://www.thepharmaletter.com/arti...-for-human-use

If there was already a product specifically designed for human use, either here or in some other part of the world, I have no knowledge of that, primarily because I don't really care. Knowing of its intended purpose in livestock makes me question how it could effectively treat a virus in humans, but if science maintains that it works, who am I to argue?
    I don't expect to catch COVID-19 but if I do, I expect it to be mild and survivable.

As for politics, I'd say the connection is irrelevant when a former national leader is notorious for thousands of lies, many if not most of them on record.
    Last edited by Islander; 03-20-22 at 05:26 PM.

When notorious liars (mainstream media) are doing the 'fact'-checking, and calling out others for 'lies,' I think it is very partisan to state that Trump (I mean, let's just name him, since apparently he's fair game and is the exception to the no-politics HH rule, though this is the first I've heard of it) has told thousands of lies. It is an accusation, not a fact.

If the mainstream media are so honest, it's pretty amazing that anybody didn't know that Ivermectin has been used for decades in humans.

"Trump...is the exception to the no-politics HH rule, though this is the first I've heard of it"
    You've heard of it, Pattypans, because you commented on it sometime back. You've just forgotten. And those thousands of lies are no accusations. We've all heard them again and again, especially with every appearance in public or on Twitter since the 2020 election, and the New York Times has actually kept a record of them. Seriously! I'm surprised that you should even question it.
    Last edited by Islander; 03-20-22 at 06:36 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information