Thread: How Eating Eggs Can Boost Heart Health

Default How Eating Eggs Can Boost Heart Health

eLife
    May 24 2022

Researchers have shown how moderate egg consumption can increase the amount of heart-healthy metabolites in the blood, publishing their results today in eLife.
    The findings suggest that eating up to one egg per day may help lower the risk of developing cardiovascular disease.
    Eggs are a rich source of dietary cholesterol, but they also contain a variety of essential nutrients. There is conflicting evidence as to whether egg consumption is beneficial or harmful to heart health. A 2018 study published in the journal Heart, which included approximately half a million adults in China, found that those who ate eggs daily (about one egg per day) had a substantially lower risk of heart disease and stroke than those who ate eggs less frequently*.

Read more: https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0524124839.htm

Default Re: How Eating Eggs Can Boost Heart Health

I often eat an egg or two for my first meal of the day — often but not always. But look at Grulla, who puts away three eggs every morning… And that's only the first layer of his breakfast. Maybe he'll share that with us.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    I often eat an egg or two for my first meal of the day — often but not always. But look at Grulla, who puts away three eggs every morning… And that's only the first layer of his breakfast. Maybe he'll share that with us.
    I resemble that remark. Actually, the 3 eggs at intermittent fasting (IF) breakfast, each and every day, are the second layer, the first layer being a bowl of whole oat groats, that I had previously posted about. https://www.hawkeshealth.net/communi...ghlight=groats
    Last edited by grulla; 05-30-22 at 09:59 AM.

Grulla, a friend plucked your recipe off the Internet and sent it to me, since I no longer visit the site where it was posted. It might interest the other 600 or so visitors to read the entire list of ingredients that goes into your morning meal, since apparently even I didn't get the whole thing. Are you willing to share it with the rest of us?
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Grulla, a friend plucked your recipe off the Internet and sent it to me, since I no longer visit the site where it was posted. It might interest the other 600 or so visitors to read the entire list of ingredients that goes into your morning meal, since apparently even I didn't get the whole thing. Are you willing to share it with the rest of us?
    Well, I posted the groat meal link above, but I now boil the groats with a diced Granny Smith baking apple, and only 2/3 cup of water to each (3) cups of 24 hour, pre-soaked with apple cider vinegar (ACV), groats. The less boiling water, the better, as the groat results are nuttier and crunchier. And that's about as minimal amount of water that one can boil with, 2 cups water to 3 cups of pre-soaked groats.

Once the groats come to full boil, the heat is IMMEDIATELY turned off, and the groats are allowed to cool, just like granny's apple pie on the window sill. Once the groats come down to room temperature, the clod in the pot is broken up with a dull table knife, and some Ceylon cinnamon, unsweetened tart dried cherry raisins, and ghee (or butter) are stirred in and then refrigerated.

That 3 cups (1 dry lb) of cooked WHOLE OAT GROATS lasts me about a week. And again, once I see that I'm about to run out of prepared groats in about 2 days, I start the groat preparation procedure in ADVANCE, all over again, so there is no interruption in my breakfast routine, so PLAN AHEAD!!! Oh, and I might add that I finally invested in a 50 lb sack of organic WHOLE OAT GROATS for $67.00 USD. Also, one can purchase convenient sealed, one lb packets (3 cups) of organic whole oat groats at $1.50 USD each, at places such as Denver based Natural Grocers, (west of the Mississippi), and hopefully elsewhere.

As for my 3 eggs, I simmer them in an old Farberware stainless steel COVERED skillet with a little organic coconut oil (CCO). In the skillet, I add some diced onion, turmeric, ground black pepper, pink mined rock salt, parsley, coarse garlic granules, (as opposed to fine garlic powder), and oregano, topped with a slice of canned Hatch or Ortega mild green chiles, and a little Muenster cheese, mmmmmm. :-).

I also LIGHTLY toast a long slice of sourdough bread, cutting it in half to fit in the toaster, and spread it with ghee, garlic granules, and Oz Vegemite. Or sometime I'll spread fresh bacon fat with garlic powder instead. And my 14 Y.O. wire haired Griffon Pointer, Maggie, licks the excess bacon fat bowl.
    Last edited by grulla; 05-30-22 at 05:14 PM.

Thread Information