Thread: Could A Dissolving Implant Revolutionize The Way We Manage Pain?

Default Could A Dissolving Implant Revolutionize The Way We Manage Pain?

Annie Lennon
    July8 2022

• Researchers created a rubber band-like device that relieves pain by wrapping around nerves and cooling them down.
    • The device reduces pain sensitivity in rat models of sciatic nerve injury, offering a non-opioid alternative for pain relief.
    • The researchers say that more research is needed before the device can enter human trials.

Although opioids carry a high risk for abuse, due to their high efficacy in treating pain, they continue to be widely in use.
    Research, however, shows that 21- 29% of patients prescribed opioids for chronic pain misuse them. Meanwhile, opioid misuse following surgery occurs in up to 1.8 in every 1,000 people who underwent thoracic and spinal fusion operations.

Read more: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...40408e9475469A
    Last edited by Julieanne; 07-09-22 at 10:17 PM.

Default Re: Could A Dissolving Implant Revolutionize The Way We Manage Pain?

Opioids must all be very different, because I have been on one for months, Norco, and it is helpful in relieving pain but certainly not eliminating it, and I don't feel the effects of it at all. I have done some reading and learned that certain opioids create a euphoric effect, and I would sell my birthright for euphoria! That certainly assists my understanding in why there are so many overdoses!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

There have been a lot of TV ads about Omega XL pain relief from fatty lipids in New Zealand mussels that you might want to further research. I don't trust most of these ads, but at least consider "guilty till proven innocent". https://www.hakalife.com/education/g...omplete-guide/ ~~~ https://www.omegaxl.com/?matchtype=e...c550ad50b0f353

I would tend to be suspicious of anything advertised on the media. I haven't time to research it ATM but if anyone wants to follow through, by all means go for it!
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information