Thread: Offices in Japan to install ‘nap boxes’ so workers can sleep standing up

Default Offices in Japan to install ‘nap boxes’ so workers can sleep standing up

Theo Wayt
    July 15, 2022

Sleepy at work? Just stand inside this windowless box and take a power nap. That’s the pitch from two Japanese companies that have unveiled a “nap box” designed to encourage a healthier office culture for white-collar workers in Japan who are known for logging excruciatingly long hours.
    “In Japan, there are a lot of people who will lock themselves up in the bathroom for a while [to nap], which I don’t think is healthy,” Saeko Kawashima, communications director of furniture maker Itoki, told Bloomberg News. “It’s better to sleep in a comfortable location.”

Continue reading at: https://nypost.com/2022/07/15/japan-...p-standing-up/
    Last edited by Islander; 07-28-22 at 09:36 AM.

Default Re: Offices in Japan to install ‘nap boxes’ so workers can sleep standing up

Seriously? ROTFLMAO. Isn't that the same sleeping tube that they use horizontally at the Kyoto Hotel??? https://itsyourjapan.com/best-capsule-hotels-in-kyoto/ Perhaps they are used for coffins or cremations as well.
    Last edited by grulla; 07-23-22 at 01:47 PM.

Default Re: Offices in Japan to install ‘nap boxes’ so workers can sleep standing up

But realistically, I recall back before my 2010 retirement, my railroad telecom employer, (craft and admin., but usually not transportation crew), encouraged us with the ability to nap on the job if you felt yourself nodding out. As I got older and nearer to retirement, I can remember countless times where I had to pull off the highway in my company service truck to take a brief nap, so as not to fall asleep behind the wheel. And it also happened in my small office/shop headquarters... but NOT vertically in a tube, lol! https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/JobClub/s...ry?id=11659597
    Last edited by grulla; 07-21-22 at 08:57 AM.

Thread Information