Thread: Scientific Trial Proves Diet Supplement Can Prevent Hereditary Cancer

Default Scientific Trial Proves Diet Supplement Can Prevent Hereditary Cancer

Newcastle University
    July 26 2022

Could a banana a day keep the cancer doc away?

A major preventive effect from resistant starch on a wide range of cancers has been shown in a trial in people with high hereditary risk. Resistant starch can be found in a broad variety of foods such as oats, breakfast cereal, cooked and cooled pasta or rice, peas and beans, and slightly green bananas.
    An international trial revealed that a regular dose of resistant starch, also known as fermentable fiber, taken for an average of two years, did not affect cancers in the bowel but did reduce cancers in other parts of the body by more than half. This effect was particularly pronounced for upper gastrointestinal cancers including oesophageal, gastric, biliary tract, pancreatic, and duodenum cancers. The trial – known as CAPP2 – involved almost 1000 patients with Lynch syndrome from around the world.
    Moreover, the astonishing effect was seen to last for 10 years after stopping taking the supplement.

Read more: https://scitechdaily.com/scientific-...ditary-cancer/

Default Re: Scientific Trial Proves Diet Supplement Can Prevent Hereditary Cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Julieanne View Post
    Newcastle University
    July 26 2022 Could a banana a day keep the cancer doc away?
    Read more: https://scitechdaily.com/scientific-...ditary-cancer/
    Should read, "Could an ORGANIC banana a day..." I always notice at Albertson's (now part of Safeway), and at other big SMs, that the price difference of organic bananas, over that of the non-organic variety, isn't that much more costly.

Default Re: Scientific Trial Proves Diet Supplement Can Prevent Hereditary Cancer

So this requires either a particular supplement or an aspirin a day. How often have we read disclaimers about the habit of taking an aspirin a day? In any case, when I cook something starchy I often put it through the steps to make it resistant anyway, and at my age I'm not too concerned about results, and colon cancer is behind me anyway.
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information