Thread: Toxic Toilet Tissue

Default Toxic Toilet Tissue

ANH-USA
    08/04/2022

We can add toilet paper to the long list of products that are contaminated with PFAS; this pervasive contamination has led experts to recommend many Americans get tested for PFAS. It’s time to ban these dangerous chemicals. Action Alert!
    We recently told you how PFAS contamination is worse than we previously thought because it has been found in a huge bevy of products for which it wasn’t added intentionally—PFAS can leach into products during the manufacturing process, and companies don’t even realize it. Now, a new report found that PFAS are present in several major toilet paper brands, demonstrating another route of exposure for these ubiquitous chemicals.
    The report, issued jointly by Mamavation and Environmental Health News, found that 4 of 17 toilet paper brands tested positive for fluorine, an indicator of PFAS. Levels of PFAS ranged from 10 parts per million (ppm) to 35 ppm in four brands: Charmin Ultra Soft Toilet Paper, Seventh Generation 100% Recycled Bath Tissue, Tushy Bamboo Toilet Paper and Who Gives a Crap Bamboo Toilet Paper.

Action Alert! Write to Congress and the EPA, telling them to ban PFAS chemicals. The message has already been composed for you, here: https://anh-usa.org/toxic-toilet-tissue/
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Default Re: Toxic Toilet Tissue

I have largely avoided that problem since the mid 80s by using a hand-held bidet hose. However, some T-paper is still needed for minor cleaning, as well as drying from using the bidet. I suppose the toxin enters the body via a "suppository" effect. In more recent years, I've made a point of only buying the thrifty single ply Scott's T-paper and one roll lasts, just me, 2 months.

Default Re: Toxic Toilet Tissue

I have no "problem." There is simply nothing to wipe. I don't know, am I unique?
    ➤ Happiness is the frosting on the cake of contentment.

Thread Information